Join Playbill’s Social Selects For:
Broadway WELLness is a new series where you learn the secrets of how Broadway artists and creatives handle the same emotions and challenges we all experience. Join Kate Lumpkin, the Founder/Lead Casting Director at Kate Lumpkin Casting, CSA and founder of the NoMarking Society as she:
- Focuses on a personal wellness topic each session.
- Introduces an activity to help you focus your intention (from creating a vision board to making time for meditation and more).
- And talks with Broadway performers and theater makers about their wellness journey.
From Embracing Change, to Handling Stress, to Focusing on the Future and more, Broadway WELLness is a perfect hour out of your day to focus on YOU!
Thursday February 18, 2021 – “HANDLING STRESS”
· Join Kate as she walks you through “Guided Imagery” - a form of focused relaxation that helps create harmony between the mind and body...with a Broadway flair.
· Participate in "Progressive Muscle Relaxation" to lower stress, anxiety and help you develop tools to overcome tension in today’s world.
· Listen to a live interview with a Broadway's Jessica Vosk focusing on her own career and challenges over the last several theatrical seasons.
· Join Kate on the “BeWell Couch” to ask Kate your very own questions!
Kate Lumpkin truly believes in the power of storytelling and storytellers. She is the Founder and Lead Casting Director at Kate Lumpkin Casting. Collectively, as a casting professional, she has worked on over 40 TV/Film productions and 80 theatrical productions in New York City and across the USA including shows at The Kennedy Center, The Actors Theatre of Louisville, The A.R.T, NYTW and many others. In addition to teaching workshops, private coaching, and working as a guest artist at Colleges and Universities, she is also the founder of The NoMarking Society which provides free health, wellness, and business classes for working professionals in the theatre community. In addition to casting and teaching, some of Kate’s life adventures have led her to work as the VP of Marketing and PR for a major private consulting firm, spend time working at an elementary school in Tanzania, work in development for National Geographic, and be a brand ambassador for numerous high-end clothing and lifestyle companies. She was educated at Ithaca College, Indiana University, and The William Esper Studios in New York City – and enjoys continuously learning from her students and her fellow artists every day.
Upon registration, you will receive an email from our streaming partner with a unique link to access your online experience at the appointed date and time. Please do not forward as it contains your personal access link. One registration is available per concurrent device.