Challenge yourself to learn more about birth by exploring what it takes to become a certified birth doula helping women and their families through birth. A birth doula is a well-trained person who assists families during the birth of their baby. This workshop prepares a person to work as a doula in hospitals, birth centers, and home births. Topics covered include:
- Doula Business Basics
- Finding Clients
- Labor Positioning
- Non-Pharmacological Pain Relief and Comfort Measures (including methods like birth balls, rebozos, etc.)
- Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Family
- Epidural Anesthesia and the Doula Role in Supporting Families
- Cesarean Birth and the Doula's Role
- How to Become a Certified Doula
- Assisting with Information Gathering
- and much, much more!
This is a birth doula workshop approved by DONA International as one step in the process of becoming a certified birth doula. Payment plans are available if you purchase at least 60 days prior to a workshop!