The Basic Tactical Officer Course is designed for the entry-level or newly appointed tactical officer or Operator that has not been to an updated swat course for several years and focuses on the basics of working in the team environment, concentrating on tactical team skills, operations and concepts. Leadership, asymmetric thinking and team work are emphasized the entire week with extensive FTX’s and experiential exercises. This is a challenging but rewarding course for anyone that attends.
POST # 9737-1808
2018 Basic Swat Tactical Course Equipment List
1) Body or tactical bunker
2) Door ram
3) Tactical mirrors
4) Pry tools or pry bar entry tools
5) Two diversion devices (fuse and body for each team member)
6) Optional (Spare diversion device for the practical exercises conducted on the last day of training.)
Standard Tactical Officer Equipment
1) All standard callout gear. (ACU / BDU, Tactical Boots, Tactical Vest, Knee and Elbow pads, Web gear, Duty Belt, Holsters, Helmet, Ball Cap, Tactical or Nomex Gloves, Eye and Ear Protection, Gas / Chemical Mask, Rain Gear, etc.)
2) Duty ammunition - 1400 ROUNDS per officer - Total
A. Long Gun 850 Rounds – Optics and Lights are recommended
B. Hand Gun 550 Rounds – Lights are recommended
3) Waterproof writing equipment - Field
4) Primary long weapon (MP-5, UMP, AR-15, M-16, M-4, Etc.) One per Team Member, Officers MUST have their own weapons systems.
5) Secondary pistol (duty weapon)
6) Magazines – A minimum of four magazines per weapons system. (Additional Spares are recommended for the team in case of damage)
7) Flashlight or tactical mounted flashlights for both weapon systems and handheld light systems. No lasers
8) Weapons cleaning kits
9) Weather appropriate equipment
10) Field snacks - Power bars, candy bars, etc., sports drinks
12) Insect repellent
13) Sleeping bag/ bedrolls / spare blankets
16) Bath towels
17) Gym gear – running shoes, shorts, black t-shirts, etc
18) Classroom material – Note taking equipment, pens or pencils.
19) Medical Supplies– Pain medication (Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, Asthma meds, etc.)
Note: MAKE SURE YOUR WEAPONS ARE ZEROED IN!!!!!! (50 or 100 Yard Zero) You should have your weapons systems gone over and checked to make sure they are duty ready and functioning properly. Do not bring altered, confiscated or illegally altered weapons systems for training.