Now that the weather is getting warmer, are you wondering what wine to serve? Which bottle should you open before heading out to admire the spring and summer blooms?
Sommelier Steph wants to help you know which wines to drink when the sun is shining. She'll make it easy by sharing some somm sense. You'll be the envy of all your friends with your superior knowledge!
Snacks and wine tastings included in the CHF 25 entry.
- Americans: CHF 35 (CHF 10 donation to DACH included)
- Non-Americans: CHF 25
A private residence in Bruderholz.
The address will be sent to you upon registration/proof of payment.
About Sommelier Steph
After devoting 17 years to emergency and critical care veterinary nursing, Steph decided to leave medicine and turn her much loved wine hobby into a second career. She began working at a Finger Lakes winery where she immersed herself in every aspect of wine making: vineyard experience, harvest and crush, and the tasting room where she honed her skills in food and wine pairing. While working in the winery, she joined a company which provided small, semi-private, educational wine tours within the FLX region. Within this time she also became beverage manager and wine captain of a high-end catering company, where she was able to continue her work with local winemakers in putting together tasting menus for private events.
She obtained her sommelier training through The Court of Master Sommeliers and is a member of the Guild of Sommeliers. She is currently a member of the sommelier team at Les Trois Rois, a 5-star hotel in Basel, where she serves as the bar sommelier and bar supervisor.
She lives in Muttenz with her husband Richard, her dog Gracie, and her super adorable kitty Ophelia.
- I am a United States Citizen; and
- This contribution is not made from the general treasury funds of a corporation, labor organization, or national bank; and
- This contribution is not made from the treasury of a person or entity that is a federal contractor; and
- This contribution is not made from the treasury of a joint account for which one or more account holders are not United States citizens; and
- The funds I am donating are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution; and
- I am at least 18 years old, the funds I am donating are my own personal funds, and I am donating these funds knowingly and voluntarily.
Democrats Abroad Switzerland is a volunteer organization that relies on donations to be able to provide outreach, voter education, and voter registration services.
Please note that if a bank transfer is not completed prior to the event, you may pay at the door with a surcharge. American tickets will be CHF 37 and Non-American tickets will be CHF 27.