This is an opportunity for educators to get rooted in our collective wisdom around the purpose and practice of education. Using liberatory thinking, this session is designed to help educators prepare for the new school year with the fullness of ourselves in mind. Through personal testimony, storytelling, and artifact building, we will bridge education theory around supporting our most marginalized students with concrete practices. With guidance from incredible educators, participants will collaborate to identify ways to bring vision to life. By the end of the session, educators will feel grounded, inspired, and ready to come back to school with pedagogical resources that lay the foundation for an incredible year.
- (Be in Relationship) Experience a humanizing and joyful learning environment that maximizes examples of culturally sustaining pedagogy.
- (Dream Outside of the Status Quo) Using legacy pedagogies that support all adults and students, imagine learning experiences that are identity affirming, cultivate joy, and set the stage for academic success.
- (Think Strategically) Consider roadblocks to making our dreams a reality and identify ways to address them.
- (GET CONCRETE) Build tangible artifacts to set, reinforce, and sustain a learning container for the beginning of the year rooted in our radical dreams.
Who should attend?
- Educators whose day-to-day work impacts classrooms (coaches, specialists, administrators etc.)
- This is open to educators at every level. There will be something for everyone.
- Districts, Sites, Organization (sponsored): $300 per person; $250 each for team of 4 or more
- Individuals (non-sponsored): $200
Scholarships and Financial Support
If funding is a barrier, please consider the potential value of the session and pay what you can afford.
This pricing structure is intended to take into account the varying financial and historical positionalities of attendees. We encourage those who are financially privileged to contribute additional resources to support scholarships for folx who can benefit from them. We also welcome additional gifts for the 4 teachers of color who are bringing their expertise and facilitation. This is a guide, not a prescription. Reach out with questions. To register or provide a gift for teachers, please use the registration links above.
Hosted By: JOYSOURCE and the Co-Author of Street Data: A Next Generation Model for Equity Pedagogy and School Transformation, Dr. Jamila Dugan