** Please read our CODE OF CONDUCT/ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY in the section below before registering for this event! **
Welcome to our first Spring Fling Latin Weekender! The first locally sponsored multi-day Latin dance event in Hampton Roads! Learn to dance Bachata & Salsa. From true beginners to advanced dancer we have something for everyone. Four days with up to 30 hours of dance classes, dance parties, performances, a live concert and a pool party to conclude!
Pre-party at Virginia Beach Winery located at 1064 Lynnhaven Pkwy #110, Virginia Beach, VA 23452 from 7pm to 11pm.
DJ A-Solo - Virginia Beach
Included in Full Pass or $15 at the door.
Two Special Classes at Elevate Performing Arts Center located at 228 N. Lynnhaven Road Suite 122 Virginia Beach, VA 23452.
7:30pm - Bachata Musicality with BVDC
8:30pm -Ladies Bachata Styling with Leslie Ferreira (LA) & Helena BVDC
Must purchase in addition to Full Pass! Limited spots!
Official Welcome/Meet and Greet Party! Welcome our out of town visitors and chance to meet our guest instructors.
10pm to 2am at Virginia Beach Winery located at 1064 Lynnhaven Pkwy #110, Virginia Beach, VA 23452
*** FOOD TRUCK with Cups of VA! ***
Included in Full Pass or $20 at the door.
7 hours of Salsa & Bachata workshops to include a deep dive into musicality and body movement, turn patterns, footwork and more from Orlando Machuca (Washington, DC), JSquared (San Antonio, TX) and Aubrey Ares (LA, California). Don't know how to dance or just started? Don't worry, we got you. Register for our all day Beginner Fling pass! 9am to 5pm. There is something for everyone!
After the workshops is a dinner break then comes the main dance party with performances plus a Live Concert by Judy Santos! All held at the Virginia Beach Convention Center located at 1000 19th St. Virginia Beach, VA 23451. Look for meeting suite 1 upstairs. Cash Bar available.
9:00AM– FITNESS 4 DANCERS - Helena
10:00AM - BEGINNERS FLING (BACHATA)
10:00AM - SALSA SHINES (FOOTWORK) - JSquared, San Antonio TX
11:00AM - CREATIVE PARTNERWORK - Orlando Machuca, DC (SALSA)
12:00PM - SALSA PARTNERWORK - JSquared, San Antonio TX
1:00PM - LUNCH BREAK
2:00PM - BEGINNERS FLING (SALSA)
2:00PM - URBAN FOOTWORK WITH STYLE - Aubrey Ares, LA (BACHATA)
3:00PM - CONNECTION & MUSICALITY - JSquared, San Antonio TX (BACHATA)
4:00PM - URBAN PARTNERWORK - Aubrey Ares, LA (BACHATA)
5:00PM - LADIES BACHATA STYLING - Aubrey, Alyssa & Helena - (included in full pass or $20 single ticket)
6:00pm - DINNER BREAK
8:20PM - DOORS OPEN FOR SOCIAL DANCING
10:45PM - PERFORMANCES
11:30PM - CONCERT AND SILENT SALSA DISCO HOUR
1:00AM TO 3:00AM - SOCIAL DANCING
Wear champagne colors, sparkles, bow ties! Dress to Impress only!
Sunday– Spring Fling Pool Party at Aqua Social Club – 12pm to 6pm. Dancing, food, drinks, contests and games are in store!
**Rain Location - Peabody's Nightclub on 17th St. Everything minus the pool :)
Included in Full Pass or $20 at the door.
Wear your BVSF 2020 T-Shirt or your favorite T-shirt!
**NO REFUNDS** To transfer tickets please contact the organizers.
If you are interested in performing please email us at email@example.com as soon as possible!
There are many hotels in the area to stay and please feel free to do so however this is the closet one and within walking distance. We have a room block with them so please use the link to book your rooms.
We also have rooms with Diamond Resort hotels at the oceanfront. You can have a room on the beach only 5 minute drive away from the venue at Ocean Beach Club! Check out their website at Ocean Beach Club (diamondresortsandhotels.com)
Room rates for Ocean Beach Club:
May 12th – May 15nd , 2022 - Ocean Beach Club Resort by Diamond Resorts
Studio - $139 per night average plus tax – (Sleeps 2)
Studio Ocean Front - $168 per night average plus tax – (Sleeps 2)
One Bedroom - $181 per night average plus tax – (Sleeps 4)
One Bedroom Ocean Front - $234 per night average plus tax – (Sleeps 4)
*Rates quoted do not include the 14% sales tax and $23.95 resort fee (WAIVED)
To Book Please Contact:
Jordan Cashwell, Sales Coordinator – Jordan.firstname.lastname@example.org – 757.350.8186.
Hafiz Rouse, Sales Manager – Hafiz.Rouse@diamondresorts.com – 757-350-8266.
Code of Conduct:
We are determined to provide a safe, welcoming environment for all people. We have a zero tolerance policy for harassment of any kind and any conduct that falls under any or all of the following categories:
*offensive verbal or physical abuse related to gender, race, expression, physical appearance, religion.
- inappropriate physical contact
- unwelcome sexual attention
- physical or verbal abuse
BVSF welcomes everyone, but if an individual or group falls under any of these categories, or their actions effect the relationships of the Weekender’s management and their guests or the venue, BVSF’s management reserves the right to warn, revoke or deny attendance with no refund or payments. If you see someone being harassed or have concerns in any way, please notify the Weekender’s management.
By purchasing any ticket to BVSF, you are agreeing to conform to this code of conduct.
I/we realize that participation in dance classes and activities could involve some possible personal injury. Despite precautions, accidents and injuries may occur. By registering for this event, I/we (the dancer and parent/guardian) assume all risks related to the use of any and all spaces used by Bachata Vida Dance Company, LLC dba Bachata Vida Dance Company (hereinafter “Bachata Vida Dance Company”)
I/we agree to release and hold harmless Bachata Vida Dance Company including its teachers, dancers, staff members, and facilities used from any cause of action, claims, or demands now and in the future. I/we will not hold Bachata Vida Dance Company liable for any personal injury or any personal property damage, which may occur on the premises before, during or after classes or at any event. Furthermore, I/we agree to obey the class and facility rules and take full responsibility for my/our behavior in addition to any damage I/we may cause to the facilities utilized by Bachata Vida Dance Company.
CROWD NOTICE: PHOTO / VIDEO RELEASE
Please be aware that by entering this area / attending this event, you grant permission to bachata vida dance company, llc and its affiliates, agents and employees the irrevocable and unrestricted right to reproduce the photographs and/or video images taken of you, or members of your family while in this area/ at this event, for the purpose of publication, promotion, illustration, advertising, or trade, in any manner or in any medium, including social media. By entering this area / attending this event you hereby release bachata vida dance company, llc and its legal representatives from any and all claims and liability relating to the use of said images or video. By entering this area / attending this event, you waive your right to compensation for the use of said images or video.
If you do not wish to be subject to the foregoing, please do not enter this area.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is a Latin Weekender? A Latin Weekender is a special event dedicated to unifying and celebrating the love of Latin Dance and music. The event includes consecutive days/evenings of dance classes thought by local and out of town instructors, dance parties with social dancing, performances, and (ours includes) a live concert.
2. Can I attend the Spring Fling if I haven’t danced before? Yes! We welcome all levels of experience! If this is your first dance event, you’ve come to the right place! We have a special beginners fling for those starting their dance journey. These are classed designed especially for you!
3. Do I need to bring a partner? No, you do not need to bring a partner. Come by yourself, with a friend, or as a group, it doesn’t matter. Throughout the classes we rotate partners so everyone gets a chance to dance with everyone also during the social dancing people ask and get asked to dance by everyone.
4. What should I wear? For the day workshops wear whatever you are most comfortable in. Most people wear athletic gear with shoes that are you can turn in and won't grip the floor. For the evening socials, generally everyone dresses up, or sometimes there are themes for the attire.
5. How much do tickets cost? There are a variety of different passes. The Full Pass offers the most value. Please see options below.
6. Can I purchase tickets at the door? No – there will be no ticket sales at the door. Pre-sale tickets are discounted. All purchases must be made before May 14, 2022.
7. Is there a bar? For attendees 21+, there will be a bar at each evening social.
8. Is parking available? Yes there is! Parking is available in the Virginia Beach Convention Center parking lots.
9. Where can I dance with Bachatavida before their spring fling? We have events all over Hampton Roads as well as weekly classes and we would love to see you at any and all of them!! For more information on our regular events and classes, go to www.bachatavida.com or email us!
10. Where can I stay for the spring fling? Hotel accommodations can be made at the link provided above.
Come with friends or make new ones! We offer a welcoming environment to learn, dance and see how Dance Makes Life Better!