Sommelier Steph travels to Geneva with a unique “vertical” wine tasting! Join us at an old-town Geneva private residence in sampling six wines of the same type at different price/quality levels. Enjoy great wines, great food (each wine offered with an appropriate food pairing) and a fascinating exploration of what makes a great wine! Canton Geneva COVID mask and certificate requirements in effect on the date will be observed.
About Sommelier Steph
After devoting 17 years to emergency and critical care veterinary nursing, Steph decided to leave medicine and turn her much loved wine hobby into a second career. She began working at a Finger Lakes winery where she immersed herself in every aspect of wine making: vineyard experience, harvest and crush, and the tasting room where she honed her skills in food and wine pairing. While working in the winery, she joined a company which provided small, semi-private, educational wine tours within the FLX region. Within this time she also became beverage manager and wine captain of a high-end catering company, where she was able to continue her work with local winemakers in putting together tasting menus for private events.
She obtained her sommelier training through The Court of Master Sommeliers and is a member of the Guild of Sommeliers. She worked as a member of the sommelier team at Les Trois Rois, a 5-star hotel in Basel, where she served as the bar sommelier and bar supervisor, before the COVID-19 pandemic led to a return to veterinary medicine.
She lives in Muttenz with her husband Richard, her dog Gracie, and her super adorable kitty Mister.
- I am a United States Citizen; and
- This contribution is not made from the general treasury funds of a corporation, labor organization, or national bank; and
- This contribution is not made from the treasury of a person or entity that is a federal contractor; and
- This contribution is not made from the treasury of a joint account for which one or more account holders are not US citizens; and
- The funds I am donating are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution; and
- I am at least 18 years old, the funds I am donating are my own personal funds, and I am donating these funds knowingly and voluntarily.
Democrats Abroad Switzerland is a volunteer organization that relies on donations to be able to provide outreach, voter education, and voter registration services. With the critical nature of the 2022 midterms, it is imperative that we raise funds to allow us to reach, register, and motivate as many American voters living in Switzerland as possible.