We are excited to invite you all to our upcoming Tri-County ASHRAE ONLINE meeting on tuesday November 17th!
“Overview of Thermal and Seismic Expansion Joints and
How to Apply them in Hydronic System Design ”
This presentation will discuss the following:
· Overview of calculating thermal expansion in hydronic systems
· Review how to use natural flexibility in the piping with anchors and guides (ASHRAE Guidelines)
· Examples on where thermal expansion joints are needed in a given piping system
· Discuss various types of thermal/seismic expansion joints and design considerations for each
· Overview of when a seismic expansion joint is needed
· Review different design considerations for thermal and seismic movement from the expansion joint perspective
Eric Decker graduated from the University of Illinois at Chicago with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. After graduating, he worked for Bell & Gossett in Morton Grove, IL in the Commercial Pumps Marketing Department. In Fall of 2011, Eric joined Dawson Company's Business Development Group calling on mechanical and plumbing consulting engineers in the Orange County area. In Fall of 2017, Eric became manager of the department.
Eric is a Registered Professional Mechanical Engineer (P.E.) as well as Certified in Plumbing Design (CPD). He’s also past President of the Orange County ASHRAE Chapter.