ARIZONA FORUM FOR IMPROVEMENT OF TAXATION
SUMMER TAX SEMINAR
July 21, 2016
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Black Canyon Conference Center
9440 N. 25th Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85021
8:30 AM - 9:00 AM DOORS OPEN / REGISTRATION
9:00 AM WELCOME
9:10 AM – 10:00 AM ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE – UPDATE
Tom Johnson & Grant Nulle AZ DOR
10:20 AM - Noon PARTNERSHIP TAX AUDIT CHANGES - BBA 2015
Fred Witt ATTY
COMMUNITY PROPERTY TAX ISSUES
Gregory Robinson ATTY
Noon - 1:15 PM Lunch - IRS UPDATE - TAXPAYER ADVOCATE SERVICE
Stephanie Valencia, Frank Bustos & Madelyn Bell
1:20 PM - 2:10 PM PROBLEMS WITH RETIREMENT PLAN ADMINISTRATION
Charles Davis ATTY
OVERVIEW OF TAX DEBT RESOLUTION
Jack Wood Enrolled Agent
2:20 PM - 3:10 PM MILITARY & VETERANS TAX ISSUES
Robert Hockensmith CPA (Colonel, US Army, retired)
DISCHARGING TAXES IN BANKRUPTCY
Tracy Essig ATTY
3:30 PM - 4:20 PM CONFLICTS OF INTEREST FOR TAX PROFESSIONALS
Panel: Robinson, Laundre, Silver, Wood
IRS Approved Program Number:
Why you should attend this AFIT Summer Tax Seminar:
· Timely Topics
· Knowledgeable Presenters
· An opportunity to meet one-on-one with Taxpayer Advocate Service staff to help resolve problem cases.
· Choice of Topics: At the mid-morning and early afternoon time slots, attendees will have their choice from SIX different presentations.
· Downloadable course materials: Due to popular demand, AFIT will continue to make available downloadable seminar materials for all technical topics to save on your laptop, tablet or similar electronic device. If you wish, you may print out the materials for your future reference.
· Easy on-line registration
· State of the art conference facility
· Excellent food choices – Lunch & breaks are included!
· Parking is convenient, safe and free
· OUTSTANDING NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES
· GREAT CPE VALUE - Includes one CPE hour of Ethics
· A Discount for Early Registration: Register and pay on or before Thursday, July 7th and save 10%.
Seminar cost: $140 ($125 on or before July 7 , 2016)
Last day for registration: July 14, 2016
Cancellation policy: Full refund (less 10% administrative fee) if requested 10 or more days prior to seminar (Jul. 11 or prior).
REGISTRATION LINK AT www.afitaz.org