Settle in for a great afternoon of free, informative, online presentations and discussions about aniridia.
Join us to celebrate annual international Aniridia Day and virtually to support each other.
We have fantastic speakers plus time to ask questions and chat with people who are also affected by aniridia.
Anyone around the world is welcome to join in on Zoom, especially patients and their relative in the UK and Ireland.
for 2 hours from:
- 14:00 British Summer Time - BST
- 13:00 GMT/UTC
- 15:00 Central European Summer Time - CEST
- 10:00 Eastern Daylight Saving Time - EDST
- Open discussion for all attendees
- Dry Eye Disease and Aniridia
Colin Parsloe will talk about the causes and treatments for the gritty sore sensation many feel in their eyes.
- "But you don't look blind?" Growing up with an invisible disability
Charles Bloch will talk about challenges and successes at university and finding jobs with aniridia.
- Annual General Meeting 2020 of Aniridia Network
Reports, financial accounts, questions and comments.
- Achievements with aniridia
- Sinead Kane will give a motivating talk about becoming a lawyer, multi-marathon athlete and world record holder - with aniridia.
- Success at Aniridia Centre
Dr Natella Sukhanovain will show how she has created an effective centre of excellence at the Research Institute of Pediatrics in the Central Clinical Hospital of the Russian Academy of Science.
- Open conversation for all attendees
- Perhaps other sessions, to be confirmed.
You can only take part if you register in advance, using the form above. We will then send you an email with the web address to use a few days before the event.
If you have any questions or difficulty registering contact us at email@example.com for help.
We make no promises about publishing recordings afterwards - so tune in live to take part!
Tweet about this event using: @AniridiaDay #ANUKconf.
We are hosting this event to mark Aniridia Day - an annual chance to bring together the worldwide aniridia community in solidarity:
- people who have aniridia
- their relatives
- researchers into the condition.
Together we can improve understanding of aniridia, find ways to manage its effects and find (funding for) treatments.
European Aniridia Conference
The event is also a substitute for the European Aniridia Conference which we hoped to hold in London this summer. It has been delayed until June/July/August 2021. More details to be announced soon.