Learn Angular and TypeScript in this 2-day intensive coding workshop for professional web developers! Now with an optional third day for more advanced topics!
- 2-day (+ optional third day) Instructor-led Classroom Workshop (you must bring a laptop)
- Target audience: Web developers
- Coffee and snacks served during both days, lunch is *not* provided
- Note: you can register for Day 1 and Day 2, and optionally add Day 3 for advanced topics. You can also choose to register for Day 3 only if you are already familiar with Angular, TypeScript and RxJS
Angular Academy is a two-day (with an optional third day) instructor-led classroom training coming to Vancouver!
Get ready to have your hands dirty, as we will build a data-centric app live together in multiples coding-along activities.
This is your opportunity to start learning Angular now and bring your web developments to the next level!
Very important: This training is BYOL (Bring Your Own Laptop!), this is a technical course with plenty of demonstrations and several exercises periods.
Note that you can choose to attend only the third day that covers advanced topics (NgRx, ...).
SCHEDULE EACH DAY
08:15 am – 08:30 am Welcome (Coffee/Pastries)
08:30 am – 12:00 pm Classroom/Workshop
12:00 pm – 01:00 pm Lunch (*not* provided)
01:00 pm – 04:30 pm Classroom/Workshop
TOPICS COVERED ON DAY 1 AND 2
- TypeScript fundamentals
- Setup and Tooling
- Getting started with the Angular CLI
- Introduction to Angular
- Structure of an app
- The Components Model
- Decorators, Templating Syntax, Data Binding, Directives, Input/Output, Events, Pipes
- Dependency Injection, Services and providers
- Usefull tools and libraries
- Introduction to Reactive Programming with RxJS (Observables)
- Async Requests to a REST API (HTTP)
- Implementing a local cache
- Debugging an application
- Implementing pagination, sorting and filtering on a grid
- Creating a Custom pipe
- NgModules, Ahead-of-time compilation and Tree Shaking
- Deploying to production
- Navigation and Routing
- Forms and Validation
- Using Http to Update or Delete data on the server
- Authentication and Security
- Login component, Authentication Service
- Security with JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Http Interceptors
- Protecting access to a component with Route Guards
- Global Error Handling (if time permits)
- Best Practices!
TOPICS COVERED ON OPTIONAL DAY 3 (You can register for Day 3 Only if you want)
- Advanced Routing
- Lazy Loading
- Preloading Modules
- Router events
- Diagnostic with traces
- Auxiliary routes
- Routes Transitions
- Secure access to routes with Guards
- Route Resolver
- Advanced Error Handling
- Global Error Handler
- Navigation Errors
- Error Service
- Http Errors Interceptor
- Notification Service and Component
- Optimizing performance
- Exploring different techniques to improve your apps and make them run fast and smooth.
- Modern State Management with Redux and ngrx
- Why Redux ?
- Introduction to the ngrx platform
- Setting up ngrx store
- Stateful vs stateless components
- Immutability and performance
- Adding error handling
- Adding the router state to the store
- Async actions with ngrx effects
- Removing boilerplate with ngrx entity
- Live debugging and time travelling with ngrx DevTools
Please visit the Angular Academy Website for more info and a detailed FAQ: www.angular.ac
Please notify your cancellation in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by the Early Bird deadline. You will receive a full refund.
Cancellations after the Early Bird deadline are eligible for a refund, less a $150 cancellation fee.
Cancellations up to 48H before the event, as well as no-shows are liable for the full registration fee.
In the event that Angular Academy is cancelled, registration fees will be refunded in full.
You can transfer your registration to another person at any time by notifying us.