#ITSTARTS is a public awareness campaign designed to reduce racism and discrimination in Simcoe County. The campaign encourages community members to share educational information through social media posts and in public spaces. Ambassadors help raise campaign awareness and increase participation by organizing activities in their organization or community of practice and sharing messages on social media.
The Ambassador Information Session covers:
- Local Immigration Partnership Overview
- #ITSTARTS Campaign History
- Logistics of implementing the 2022 campaign
- An overview of identity, connections to the Ontario Human Rights Code
- Discussion on how racism and other forms of discrimination impact people and organizations
The session will be on-line via TEAMS (a link will be sent out prior to the session)
Please register online through the registration link provided. Note: there are only 10 seats per session.