The goal of this webinar is to help students understand what day-to-day life is like for a data science professional. Students will not only learn about data careers, but will also put themselves in the shoes of a data analytics practitioner.
In this workshop, students will learn:
- What types of jobs work with data on a daily basis
- What types of tasks and responsibilities are associated with these roles
What will you need to participate in this event
1. Computer with internet connectivity and web browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer)
2. There is no coding involved in this workshop.
Targeted at young women grades 5-8, but any student is welcomed.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is at 11am Pacific Time / 1pm Central Time / 2pm Eastern Time
There are a limited number of seats available for this event, so please register early!
Do I need to know how to use a computer before I attend this event?
This will be a virtual event. Girls will need the help of their parent or guardian to login into the event url.
What do I do on the day of?
Girls will need to sign into the event a few minutes before webinar start time to ensure we start on time.
Are there minimum age requirements to enter the event?
The event is targeted at young women grades 5-8, but with strong computing skills a younger attendee will enjoy themselves.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.girlsplusdata.org for more information
What is the refund policy?
At this time our partnership with EventZilla does not allow refunds.
What webinar tool is girls+data using?
At this time we are using Zoom.
What measures is girls+data taking to ensure a safe virtual training experience?
With the latest Zoom issues, girls+data has taken the following the security measures:
- password protected Zoom webinars
- only registered email addresses will be admitted
- webinar will not start without the host
- volunteers monitoring the chat
- restricted content sharing to girls+data hosts only