Beam, Longest and Neff (BLN) Certified Office Technicians will administer this Virtual 5-day course designed by MDOT to train and certify attendees for the Computerized Office Technician role. Certification will be provided pending a passing final exam score. Attendance is required for all five days to receive certification and will be determined in several ways, including daily class login and completion of quizzes by attendees.
Each registration includes:
- Daily virtual instruction and regular interaction with the instructors beginning at 8:30 am and ending at approximately 4:30 pm
- Frequent breaks throughout each day with 1 hour allotted for lunch
- Office Technician Certification pending a minimum 80% final class grade: a combination of quiz averages and final exam score
- A professionally bound, hard copy manual shipped to registrants chosen address
- Digital copies of the 5 Day MDOT Class Training Manual and all class guides, provided via a ShareFile link sent to the email address given at registration
Required for this Course:
- Computer with
- FieldManager 5.3c (standalone data source, see below**)
- Video, audio, and microphone capabilities
- Adobe Acrobat (or Similar PDF application)
- Familiarity with Windows and standard desktop applications
- Reliable internet connection
- Digital copy of MDOT 2020 Specifications for Construction
- FieldManager 1-day training course
- Auxiliary Monitor(s)
- Writing utensils, including a highlighter
- Post-it notes
**To use FieldManager for this course, you will need to set up a standalone data source in FieldManager titled "Training Use Only." FieldManager Administrator privileges are required to set up a new data source. Please contact your company's IT department or FM Administrator with this request if you do not have administrative rights.**
It is highly recommended that you have at least two monitors to utilize during this class. If you choose to view the training manual electronically, a third monitor is recommended.
Additionally, due to the virtual nature of this class, limited technical assistance will be available from the instructor. Please ensure you are familiar with the functionality of your computer, FieldManager is set up correctly, and you have installed the necessary components for the class prior to start.