(5-DAY) MDOT VIRTUAL COMPUTERIZED OFFICE TECHNICIAN TRAINING:
Beam, Longest and Neff (BLN) Certified Office Technicians will administer this Virtual 5-day course designed by MDOT to train and certify attendees for the Computerized Office Technician role. Certification will be provided pending a passing final exam score. Attendance is required all 5 days to receive certification and will be determined several ways, including daily class login and completion of quizzes by attendees.
Each registration includes:
· Daily virtual instruction and regular interaction with the instructors beginning at 8:30am and ending at approximately 4:30pm
· Regular breaks throughout each day with 1 hour allotted for lunch
· Office Technician Certification pending passing final exam
· Digital copies of the 5 Day MDOT Class Training Manual and all class guides, provided via a ShareFile link sent to the email address given at registration
***During registration you will be provided an option to purchase a printed and bound hard copy of the 5-day MDOT Class Training Manual. The purchase price includes the cost of printing and binding as well as shipping to the address of your choice. Please be advised, if you wish to print the manual on your own or navigate it digitally during the class, the manual is approximately 620 pages.***
Required for this Course:
· Computer with
o FieldManager 5.3c (standalone datasource, see below**)
o Video, audio and microphone capabilities
· Adobe Acrobat (or Similar PDF application)
· Familiarity with Windows and common desktop applications
· Reliable internet connection
· FieldManager 1-day training course
· Writing utensils, including a highlighter
· Post it notes
· Hard copy of MDOT 2012 Standard Specifications for Construction
**To use FieldManager for this course, you will need to set up a standalone datasource in FieldManager titled “Training Use Only.” Administrator privileges are required to set up a new datasource, please contact your company’s IT department with this request if you do not have administrative rights.**
It is highly recommended you have at least two monitors to utilize during this class. If you choose to digitally view the training manual and/or 2012 Specifications, a third monitor is recommended.
Additionally, due to the virtual nature of this class, limited technical assistance will be available from the instructors. Please ensure you are familiar with the functionality of your computer, FieldManager is set up properly, and you have installed the necessary components for the class prior to start.