Welcome to the 50th annual Courtenay Market Day.
This one-day event on July 18th from 9 am to 5 pm, brings together our existing Downtown Courtenay shops along with various artisans and community groups to create a fun and vibrant day on 5th Street.
Please note that the priority of location is given in the following order:
1. DCBIA Members (located on 5th Street) - These are given first location priority and will be placed in front of their existing storefront or as nearby as possible.
2. DCBIA Members (not located on 5th Street) - These are given second location priority and will be placed on 5th Street as near as possible to their existing storefront location
3. DCBIA Professional Services - We have a great selection of Downtown professional services. This ticket offers a place for these businesses to bring business cards, rack cards, or attend to meet prospective clients.
4. Non-DCBIA Members - will be provided a space based on first come first serve as well as product for sale.
5. Non-Profit and Community Groups - Come out and show your group, charity or other in front of the largest local community event. As with the above, we will be reviewing these applications on a first come first served basis to make sure all attendance criteria are met. See rules and regulations for more information on our attendance criteria.
Rules and Understandings:
1. The event starts at 9 am and ends at 5 pm. Vendors must stay open for the entire event. Set-up permitted after 7 am, vehicles must be off the street no later than 8:30 am, and will not be allowed back in until 5 pm.
2. Please understand that the event mandate is first and foremost to promote Downtown Courtenay BIA member businesses. Applicant products must be hand-made by the application and imported hand-crafted items are not eligible for inclusion in the market. If in this application the vendor does not accurately describe their product and is selling a manufactured product that is in conflict with a Downtown Courtenay BIA business, they will be removed from the event without a refund. If in doubt, please contact the coordinator for clarification.
3. Booth space is 11’x11’ and will be assigned a few days prior to the event; a confirmation email will be sent then with event map. On the morning of the event participants will find their placement by name or number written on the sidewalk beside their space. Non-BIA businesses will be placed based on a first come basis, by the date applications are received and paid in full.
4. BIA Members have first right of refusal to space in front of their business, but ONLY if they submitted applications with full payment by the deadline of July 6th 2020. Those BIA Members who are not located on 5th street have second priority of booth placement as close to their storefront location.
5. All booths must be 10 ft from the centre line of the street; Courtenay Fire Department Regulation.
6. Participants are responsible for arranging electrical needs through downtown storefronts, but generally this is a no-power event. Electricity cannot be accessed on city trees or lamps. Any Electrical appliances or equipment must be CSA/ULC certified, and electrical cords must be in good condition and taped to the ground where they may cause tripping hazard.
7. Participants such as food vendors that require a generator will be placed at the edges of the market to minimize noise annoyance to others. Participants may be placed near buskers and/or other music.
8. Food vendors must bring a recycling/garbage can for use at their booths.
9. No cars may be parked in the street during the event. All cars must be parked as far out of the downtown core as possible to allow customers the use of prime space during the event.
10. Some businesses have curb bumps and gardens in front of their businesses. Frontage space requested by these businesses may have to include this area in cases where there is no room to move left or right.
11. Non-BIA Applications must be received and paid in full no later than July 6, 2020. A space is not considered reserved until it is paid for.
12. The DCBIA is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
** FOOD VENDORS - please email or mail a copy of your VIHA Health permit.
Refunds: A full refund is available on written cancellations before June 6, 2020; 50% refunded up to June 30, 2020 and no refunds will be given after July 6, 2020.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Catherine Thompson at email@example.com