2-Day Training Workshop: Visual Thinking for Business
Learn to communicate and collaborate at the speed of sight.
Business today is more complex and moving faster than ever before. The result is:
- Organizations are struggling to adjust and execute
- Leaders are struggling to be understood and drive results
- Teams are struggling to reach and maintain alignment
- And Individuals are just… struggling
For over 25 years XPLANE has been using VISUAL THINKING to solve these challenges and more. Now, with a 2-day training workshop, we are bringing these skills to you!
SIGN UP EARLY AND SAVE!
WHAT IS VISUAL THINKING?
Visual Thinking is the practice of making information visible. Whether it’s vision, strategy, process, systems, experience, value propositions, culture, or more—when information is visualized, people can:
- Communicate more clearly to reach understanding and alignment faster
- Collaborate more effectively to identify problems and solutions easier
- Execute more efficiently to accelerate learning and results better
Visual Thinking makes: invisible information visible, ambiguous information tangible, and complex information clear.
VISUALS CREATE CLARITY AND ALIGNMENT, WHICH ACCELERATES RESULTS
How? Because when people understand, they can make decisions, which leads to actions and results. When they don’t understand, they stop. They make no decisions and take no actions, which leads to no results. Sound familiar?
This course will empower you (and your team!) with visual thinking tools and techniques needed to break that cycle.
What You Will Learn
Think and work visually immediately.
This is an active hands-on course (10% showing, 90% doing and discussing). It is designed to give you a set of highly accessible and practical tools and techniques that you can start to apply immediately, and take back to your work the next day.
- Briefly review what Visual Thinking is (and is not) and the science behind why it’s so effective
- Foundational drawing skills: the visual alphabet, grammar, and language
- Personal drawing skills: create your own visual library (and language)
- Ways to develop and apply these tools and techniques into your daily work
- Application of drawing skills into to real and common business cases (examples + your own!)
- XPLANE’s core visual frameworks for organizing complex information and stories
- Select Gamestorming tools and techniques for collaboration and gathering information
- How to put it all together into something you can use in your work!
“But I can’t draw!”
100% not true. Everyone can draw. OK, everyone can draw well enough—and that’s truly the point. We’ve been doing this a long time. Trust us, you won’t believe what you can accomplish.
Who Should Take This Course
This course is for beginners and intermediates who want to level-up from wherever they are. We work from a curriculum, but always make adjustments based on each group to deliver maximum impact.
- Business People and Teams who need to communicate, collaborate, and execute more efficiently and effectively
- Consultants who want to expand their toolkit to express their ideas more clearly, and help their clients reach clarity and alignment faster
- Designers who want to expand their toolkit to be able to design more complex solutions for their clients, and do more strategic, consultative work
- Anyone frustrated with business as usual and looking for a better way for people to work together
What You Get
- Handouts of key course slides
- Visual Thinking 101 booklet
- Visual Library templates
- Practice drills materials
- Case example materials
- XPLANE’s best practice tools and tips
Food & Drink:
- Drinks and snacks are provided all day
Your Facilitators / Teachers
This course will be taught by four XPLANE veterans with over 50 years of combined experience.
- Tim May, Creative Director
- Hermen Lutje Berenbroek, Senior Designer
- Shayne Smart, Senior Consultant
- Dave King, General Manager Europe
XPLANE is the world’s first Visual Thinking Company. For over 25 years we have been helping Fortune 500 and Global NGOs visualize complex information to help them accelerate results around vision, strategy, process, systems, experience, value propositions, culture, or more. Learn more at: www.xplane.com
- When: Thursday & Friday, 18 & 19 October 2018, 09:00-17:00
- Where: B. Amsterdam, Johan Huizingalaan 763A, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Cost: € 1295. Introductory pricing at: € 750 (375 per day) through 30 September, € 950 (475 per day) after 30 September. + 21% VAT. Please email for group pricing (5 or more)
- Seats: 25-30 total
- Level: Beginner and intermediate
- Language: English (with Dutch speakers in the room)
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations made 15 days (or more) before the first class day will receive a full refund. Sorry, refunds are not possible for cancellations made less than 15 days before the first class day. Tickets may be transferred with written approval from XPLANE.
QUESTIONS? Email us here >>
Want to bring Visual Thinking Training to your organization? Contact Dave King