AFIT WINTER TAX SEMINAR/WEBINAR
January 27, 2023
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Desert Willow Conference Center
4340 East Cotton Center Boulevard
Phoenix, Arizona 85040
Tentative AGENDA as of January 4, 2022
8:00 AM – 8:30 AM LOGIN / REGISTRATION
8:30 AM WELCOME AND ADMINISTRATIVE ANNOUNCEMENTS
Jason Silver, President, AFIT
8:35 AM-9:25 AM ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE – UPDATE
Rob Woods & Staff AZ DOR
9:30 AM-10:20 AM INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE UPDATE
Melissa Chapman, LTA & Lisa Novack, Senior Stakeholder Liaison
10:20 AM-10:40 AM Break
11:25 AM-12:15 PM FEDERAL TAX UPDATE
Ed Zollars CPA
12:15 PM-1:15 PM LUNCH
1:15 PM-2:05 PM TRICKY TRUST ISSUES
Thala Taperman Rolnick CPA
2:10 PM-3:00 PM TAX REPORTING UPDATE OF DIGITAL ASSET TRANSACTIONS
Robert Hockensmith CPA
3:00 PM-3:15 PM BREAK
3:15 PM-4:05 PM COVID TAX RELIEF FRAUD ENFORCEMENT
Jason Silver Attorney
4:10 PM-5:00 PM TWO OR THREE THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND FOR 2023
Jack Wood, EA, Thala Taperman Rolnick, CPA, Katie Gudgel, EA
PLEASE NOTE: SPEAKERS AND SUBJECTS MAY CHANGE DUE TO AVAILABILITY
4 hours CPE – Tax Law; 4 hours CPE – Update.
NOTE: Some sessions focused solely on Arizona state tax issues may not qualify
for Enrolled Agent Circular 230 CPE credit.
SAVE THE DATE: July 13, 2023, AFIT’s Summer Tax Seminar
Why you should attend this AFIT Winter Tax Seminar:
· Timely Topics presented by knowledgeable practitioners.
· An opportunity to meet one-on-one with Taxpayer Advocate Service staff to help resolve problem cases. BE SURE TO HAVE A COPY OF PROPERLY-EXECUTED FORM 2848 POA!
· Representatives from AZ DOR Collection Division will be on site to assist with problem cases. BE SURE TO HAVE PROPERLY-EXECUTED ARIZONA FORM 285 (OR 285-I) AUTHORIZING REPRESENTATION!
· Downloadable course materials: AFIT will make available downloadable seminar materials for ALL technical topics to save on your laptop, tablet or similar electronic device. If you wish, you may print out the materials for your future reference.
· Easy on-line registration
· State of the art conference facility
· Excellent food choices – Lunch & breaks are included!
· Parking is convenient, safe and free.
· OUTSTANDING NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES.
· GREAT CPE VALUE – 8 hours of CPE at less than $20 per hour.
· ATTENDING VIRTUALLY is an option when registering.
· A Discount for Early Registration: Register and pay on or before Thursday, January 19th (11:45 PM) and save 21%.
Seminar cost: $190 ($150 on or before January 19, 2023, 11:45 PM).
Last day for registration: January 23, 2023 by 6:00 PM
Cancellation policy: Full refund (less 10% administrative fee) if requested 10 or more days prior to seminar (January 17, 2023 or prior).
REGISTRATION LINK AT www.afitaz.org