The 2022 GIPAW Fall Conference will be at the Jefferson Street Inn, in Wausau, WI on Thursday and Friday, September 22-23. Conference registration and event schedule will be available soon. Hotel reservations are already available by calling the hotel at 715-845-6500 (Option 1) and referencing GIPAW. Guest must call the hotel directly to receive these rates. Rates are not available online.
State Room Rates for state or government employees: Executive Rooms = $82.00 Single/ $109 Double
***When staying at the Jefferson Street Inn, parking is complimentary, Please use any of the Parking Kiosks located in the Jefferson Street Parking Structure. Another Kiosk is located 20 feet to the right of the Hotel Main Entrance. To use the Kiosk simply, enter your License plate number and follow the prompts, when asked if you have a coupon the answer is YES, the code is JSINN.
Fall 2022 GIPAW Conference Update – Please read all of this!
Presentation topics include:
- Pure Storage and Marshfield by Eng Ng and Kevin Sardeson
- CRM using PowerApps by Waukesha County, presented by Lance Spranger and Ryan Brown
- What is happening in Broadband by August Neverman
- What happens after you make the call? Learn about what happens when cybersecurity threats are reported. Presented by Mike Hemberger of the Wisconsin Statewide Intelligence Center (WSIC)
- Records and Data Retention needs and challenges presented by Robert Kehoe of the Wisconsin Elections Commission (WEC)
- Building an ADRC Resource Database with Microsoft PowerApps by Michael Bastianelli and Jonathan Kressin
- Alan Greenberg – Cybersecurity with the State
- IT Staffing Challenges and How to get through them – Panel discussion including Julie Vanden Acker from Outagamie County
In addition to the presentations we will be trying a new format this year by adding a series of workshops. The workshops will have a moderator/host with the goal of generating conversation around a specific topic, but the idea is to encourage open conversation between the membership. Workshop topics:
- Office 365 Best Practices: The possibilities of conversation are endless on this topic!
- Practical Broadband: August will host and be available to talk about challenges and solutions.
- IT Service Management: What tools do you use? Are you modeling on ITIL or ITSM? Something else?
- Budget Roundtable: How do you budget? Is there something you are having challenges with and someone else might have solutions?
- Have something you want? Let me know!
This fall we have the Annual Business Meeting. The big news for this meeting is there will be 3 open board positions without any incumbents! Now is the time to step up and help GIPAW a great organization! If you are interested in a Board position please reach out to any current Board members and let us know.
The hotel block of rooms has been extended until Tuesday, September 6. Sign up now by calling (715) 845-6500 and choose Option 1. Be sure to reference the GIPAW Conference. (I just tested this and the number and option are correct.)