AFIT SUMMER TAX SEMINAR/WEBINAR
July 28, 2022
9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Desert Willow Conference Center
4340 East Cotton Center Boulevard
Phoenix, Arizona 85040
Agenda as of 5/31/2022
8:15 AM - 9:00 AM LOGIN / REGISTRATION
9:00 AM WELCOME
9:05 AM - 9:55 AM ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE – UPDATE
Neeraj Deshpande AZ DOR
10:10 AM - 11:00 AM TAXPAYER ADVOCATE SERVICE
Erin Collins, Taxpayer Advocate
11:10 AM - NOON MID-YEAR FEDERAL TAX UPDATE
Ed Zollars CPA
NOON – 1:15 PM LUNCH
1:20 PM - 3:00 PM TRUSTS AND TAX ISSUES
Tom Murphy Attorney
3:20 PM - 4:10 PM CRYPTOCURRENCY TAX REPORTING
Robert Hockensmith CPA
PLEASE NOTE; SPEAKERS AND SUBJECTS MAY CHANGE DUE TO AVAILABILITY
$135 early registration fee ends July 20, 2022 at 6:00 PM
$160 late registration fee ends July 26, 2022 at 6:00 PM
4 hours CPE – Tax Law; 2 hours CPE – Update;
NOTE: Some sessions focused solely on Arizona state tax issues may not qualify
for Enrolled Agent Circular 230 CPE credit.
SAVE THE DATE: January 26, 2023
AFIT’s Winter Tax Seminar
Why you should attend this AFIT Winter Tax Seminar:
- Timely Topics presented by knowledgeable practitioners.
- Option to attend in person or on-line.
- AZDOR Update
- Federal and State tax Update with Ed Zollars, CPA.
- Presentation by Tom Murphy, Attorney, who will talk about trusts and the associated tax issues.
- A session on cryptocurrency reporting presented by Robert (Bob) Hockensmith, CPA.
- A special update from Erin Collins, Taxpayer Advocate.
- Downloadable course materials: AFIT will make available downloadable seminar materials for ALL technical topics to save on your laptop, tablet or similar electronic device. If you wish, you may print out the materials for your future reference.
- AFIT believes this seminar/webinar is a safe way for practitioners to access high-quality tax education with no risk to health.
- Easy on-line registration
- GREAT CPE VALUE
· A Discount for Early Registration: Register and pay on or before Wednesday, July 20th, 2022 and save.
Seminar/Webinar cost: $160 ($135 on or before 6:00 PM July 20, 2022)
Last day for registration: July 26, 2022 by 6:00 PM