AFIT SUMMER TAX SEMINAR
July 22, 2021
8:15 AM to 4:30 PM
A Virtual Learning Event
8:15 AM - 9:00 AM LOG IN / REIGSISTRATION
9:00 AM WELCOME Jason Silver, AFIT President
9:05 AM – 9:55 AM ARIZONA LEGISLATIVE TAX UPDATE
What was proposed, What was enacted. What's still lurking.
James Busby CPA
10:15 AM - 12:05 PM NATIONAL TAXPAYER ADVOCATE
Update from national Taxpayer Advocate
Erin M Collins, National Taxpayer Advocate, IRS
12:05 PM – 1:10 PM LUNCH
ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE UPDATE
Grab a sandwich and recieve and update on AZDOR Operations and Q & A on Tax Policies and Procedures
Rob Woods Director Ernie Powell AZDOR
1:20 PM - 3:00 PM PAYROLL IMPACTS OF THE CARES AND FAMILIES FIRST ACTS
A case study forms oriented approach.
Terry Bakker CPA, EA
3:20 PM – 4:10 PM FEDERAL TAX UPDATE
Ed Zollars CPA
5 hours CPE – Tax Law; 2 hours CPE – Update;
NOTE: Some sessions focused solely on Arizona state tax issues may not qualify
for Enrolled Agent Circular 230 CPE credit.
Please Note: Speakers and subject matter may change or be augmented as schedules may be adjusted.
SAVE THE DATE: AFIT Winter Tax Seminar/Webinar Friday, January 20, 2022
Why you should attend this AFIT Winter Tax Seminar:
· Timely Topics presented by knowledgeable practitioners.
· Special presentation by Erin Collins, the National Taxpayer Advocate. Ms. Collins will review the challenges faced by taxpayers, tax professionals and the IRS over the last 18 months.
· A session on Payroll Tax issues affected by COVID-19 legislation, presented by Terry Bakker, of the Tax Speaker organization. Ms. Bakker will use a case study, forms-oriented approach.
· A special operations update from the Arizona Department of Revenue during the 75-minute lunch period. These DOR presentations are always very informative. And you will still have 25 minutes for lunch.
· Special review of Arizona tax legislation by James Busby, and a discussion of recent income tax changes by Ed Zollars.
· Downloadable course materials: AFIT will make available downloadable seminar materials for ALL technical topics to save on your laptop, tablet or similar electronic device. If you wish, you may print out the materials for your future reference.
· AFIT believes this webinar is a safe way for practitioners to access high-quality tax education with no risk to health.
· Easy on-line registration
· A great ZOOM experience!
· GREAT CPE VALUE
· A Discount for Early Registration: Register and pay on or before Monday, July 19th and save 17%.
Webinar cost: $150 ($125 on or before July 19, 2021)
Last day for registration: July 20, 2021 by 6:00 PM