This Seminar Series will now take place as a Webinar on 3 June 2020 at 2pm GMT
Register in advance for this Webinar:
WEBINAR: GI Biomarkers: Navigating Gastrointestinal Assessment and Function (PART 1)
Functional gastrointestinal disorders - such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), functional dyspepsia, bloating, constipation and diarrhoea - are due to many different possible causes unique to each individual. The identification of various causes of gastrointestinal symptoms can be made possible with laboratory and clinical biomarkers, some of which are actionable and can be used to guide personalised nutrition and lifestyle medicine.
However, not all biomarkers are valid, reliable or cost effective. This important webinar series critically reviews the clinical usefulness of available biomarkers that measure changes in the microbiome, gastrointestinal function, intestinal permeability, immune activation, food intolerances, nutritional status and genetics.
Actionable biomarkers have the potential to replace non-specific, symptom-based treatments by identifying the underlying reason for symptoms and revealing which people are most likely to respond to specific therapies.
• Critically review assessments of gastrointestinal function and their clinical usefulness.
• Cover physiological, stool, mucosal, microbial, blood and genetic biomarkers.
• Learn how biomarkers could replace symptom-based criteria and identify subgroups of patients according to disease mechanisms.
• Explore how to personalise nutritional therapy for gastrointestinal health.
• Receive an evidence-based clinical reference that helps navigate biomarkers and their interpretation.
Benjamin I. Brown, ND
Ben is a science writer and speaker specializing in nutrition and functional medicine. Ben is Contributing Editor of Integrative Healthcare and Applied Nutrition, Director of Clinical Education for Pure Encapsulations UK, author of The Digestive Health Solution 2nd Ed, and on the Advisory Board and Guest Lecturer at BCNH College of Nutrition and Health. He hosts Positive Health Podcast. Learn more at scientificwellness.com
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
For any additional questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com