AFIT WINTER TAX SEMINAR
January 23, 2020
9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Black Canyon Conference Center
9440 N. 25th Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85021
8:15 AM - 9:00 AM DOORS OPEN / REGISTRATION
9:00 AM WELCOME
9:10 AM – 10:00 AM ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE – UPDATE
Tom Johnson, Grant Nulle AZ DOR
10:20 AM - 11:10 AM DEALING WITH DIFFICULT CLIENTS
Jack Wood EA,
11:15 AM – 12:05 PM ARIZONA INSTALLMENT AGREEMENTS
AZ Attorney General Staff
Jason Silver Attorney
12:05 PM - 1:15 PM Lunch - IRS STAKEHOLDER LIAISON – UPDATE
Derek Gantner & Lisa Novack IRS Stakeholder Liaisons
1:20 PM - 2:10 PM INCOME TAX NEXUS
Pat Derdenger Attorney
2:15 PM - 3:05 PM DEALING WITH DIFFICULT CLIENTS PART 2
Jack Wood and cast EA
3:25 PM - 4:15 PM 3:25 PM - 4:15 PM FEDERAL TAX ISSUES
Ed Zollars CPA
5 hours CPE – Tax Law; 1 hours CPE – Update; 7 hours CPE
NOTE: Some sessions focused solely on Arizona state tax issues may not qualify
for Enrolled Agent Circular 230 CPE credit.
SAVE THE DATE: Thursday, July 23, 2020
AFIT’s Summer Tax Seminar
Why you should attend this AFIT Winter Tax Seminar:
· Timely Topics presented by knowledgeable practitioners.
· Choice of Topics: At the afternoon time slots, attendees will choose from FOUR different presentations.
· An opportunity to meet one-on-one with Taxpayer Advocate Service staff to help resolve problem cases. BE SURE TO HAVE A COPY OF PROPERLY-EXECUTED FORM 2848 POA!
· Representatives from AZ DOR Collection Division will be on site to assist with problem cases. BE SURE TO HAVE PROPERLY-EXECUTED FORM 285 AUTHORIZING REPRESENTATION!
· Downloadable course materials: AFIT will make available downloadable seminar materials for ALL technical topics to save on your laptop, tablet or similar electronic device. If you wish, you may print out the materials for your future reference.
· Easy on-line registration
· State of the art conference facility
· Excellent food choices – Lunch & breaks are included!
· Parking is convenient, safe and free
· OUTSTANDING NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES
· GREAT CPE VALUE
· A Discount for Early Registration: Register and pay on or before Tuesday, January 14th and save 13%.
Seminar cost: $165 ($140 on or before July 16, 2019)
Last day for registration: January 19th, 2020 by 6:00 PM
Cancellation policy: Full refund (less 10% administrative fee) if requested 10 or more days prior to seminar (January 14th, 2020 or prior).