Everyone who cares for children ages 5 and younger in northeastern Minnesota is invited to the:
2019 CHILD CARE PROVIDER APPRECIATION & TRAINING SEMINAR
Saturday, March 23, 2019
Duluth Entertainment Convention Center (DECC) - Lake Superior Ballroom
8:30 a.m. Registration opens
9 a.m. Light Breakfast available
9:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Training & Lunch, Prize Drawings
Free books and educational materials! Breakfast & lunch! Prize Drawings! Vendors!
Learn new ideas to help in your everyday work with children!
$35 per person
$20 per person for Northland Foundation's Parent Aware Pathways Initiative participants
($5 per vehicle for parking at the DECC)
During this daylong workshop, Kristen Wheeler Highland will present two trainings covering three KCF Areas.
"Creating and Supporting Trauma-Sensitive Care Environments"
Level 2, KCF II.C (2 Hours): More than 75% of children in the U.S. experience trauma or a traumatic event by age 16. The hopeful news is that we can help children in our settings deal with adverse experiences and thrive in our care! We know that young children cannot always express when they feel afraid and overwhelmed. These feelings often come across as challenging behaviors. Learn ways to create trauma-sensitive environments to support children and reduce challenging behaviors. Hear about helpful suggestions and strategies during the presentation and receive handouts to take with you.
"Tools for Your Toolbox: Strategies to Meet Challenging Behaviors"
KCF I (1 Hour) and KCF IV.A (1 Hour): This workshop offers many 'tools' for understanding a child who exhibits challenging behaviors by looking at the common reasons behind that behavior. We will discuss specific strategies, and you'll get directions for making picture schedules and other tools.
TRAINING HOUR CREDITS
Attendees can receive four Training Hours total: two KCF II.C - Promoting Social and Emotional Development; one KCF I - Child Development and Learning; and one KCF IV.A - Observing, Recording, and Assessing Development.
To earn the Training Hours, each person MUST have a DEVELOP number. Please provide it when registering. Certificates of Attendance will be given to those who work in fields other than child care/early education or who live outside of Minnesota.
If you would like assistance either in getting your DEVELOP ID or applying for a full DEVELOP Membership, please contact Child Care Aware-MN Northeast at (218) 721-4144 or toll-free (877) 353-8876.
Staff from Child Care Aware will also be at the Provider Event, with computers, to answer questions and provide assistance.
HOW TO REGISTER
1. Select how many persons you are registering in the ticket drop down, above, according to whether or not they are participants in the Northland Foundation's Parent Aware Pathways Initiative. If you are also attending, be sure to include yourself in the number entered. Please Note: The event does not require paper tickets. If you complete the online registration and receive your confirmation email, you are all set!
2. Fill out your email address, last name, and first name (the person registering). If you are registering other people for the event, you will just be shown as the "main contact".
3. Fill out the required information for each person who is attending. You will be given the same information to fill out for the exact number of people you entered in Step #1. Most of the questions are required.
4. Don't forget to include a Develop # for each attendee, if they want to receive the training credits on Develop.
5. Lunch will include vegetarian and gluten-free foods. If you have any other special dietary needs that we must be aware of, please let us know in the space provided on the Registration Form.
IF YOU WISH TO PAY SECURELY BY CREDIT CARD, select Credit/Debit Card under Payment Options.
IF YOU WISH TO PAY BY CHECK OR MONEY ORDER, select Check under Payment Options. Your registration WILL NOT BE FINALIZED UNTIL your check or money order is received at: Northland Foundation, 202 W. Superior St, Ste 610, Duluth MN 55802. We ask that you mail a check within 2 weeks of registering.
Call the Northland Foundation at (218) 723-4040 or (800) 433-4045.