2019 AFIT WINTER TAX SEMINAR
9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Black Canyon Conference Center
9440 N.25th Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85021
Please note: Speakers and Subjects are subject to change based on availability of speaker.
8:15AM - 9:00AM DOORS OPEN /REGISTRATION
9:00AM – 9:10 AM WELCOME
9:10AM – 10:00AM ARIZONA DEPARTMENTOF REVENUE–UPDATE
Tom Johnson AZ DOR
10:20AM- 11:10 AM SECTION 199A –WHAT WE HAVE LEARNED AND NOT LEARNED FROM THE PROPOSED REGULATIONS
ThalaTaperman Rolnick CPA
HOW TAX PROFESSIONALS CAN HELP THEIR CLIENTS COLLEGE FINANCIAL NEEDS
Al Anderson CFP
11:15AM – 12:05PM ARIZONA’S NEW RULES FOR LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES AND THE IMPACT ON ENTITY CONSIDERATIONS AND OWNERS
Tracy Essig Attorney
12:05PM-1:15PM Lunch - TAXPAYER ADVOCATE SERVICE–UPDATE
Caroline E.Ware Local Taxpayer Advocate
1:20 PM-2:10PM PARTNERSHIP AUDIT RULE CHANGES AND 2018 RETURNS
Edward Zollars CPA
2:15 PM-3:05PM GETTING QUEASY OVER ARIZONA’S PAID SICK TIMELAW
Laura J.Hamblin Attorney
TAX IMPLICATIONS OF BENEFICIARY DESIGNATIONS
Chuck Schwartz CFP
3:25PM - 4:15PM PANEL: EMERGING ISSUES AND HOT TOPICS
JasonSilver (Facilitator) Attorney
NOTE:Some sessions focused solely on Arizona state tax issues may not qualify for Enrolled Agent Circular230 CPE credit.
SAVE THE DATE:Thursday, July25, 2019
AFIT’s Summer Tax Seminar
Why you shouldattend this AFITWinterTaxSeminar:
• ChoiceofTopics:At the mid-morning and afternoon time slots, attendees will choose from FOUR different presentations.
• An opportunity to meet one-on-one with Taxpayer Advocate Service staff to help resolve problem cases .BE SURE TO HAVE A COPY OF PROPERLY-EXECUTED FORM 2848 POA!
• Two representatives from AZDOR Collection Division will be onsite to assist with problem cases. BE SURE TO HAVE PROPERLY-EXECUTED FORM285 AUTHORIZING REPRESENTATION!
• Downloadable course materials:AFIT will make available downloadable seminar materials for ALL technical topics to save on your laptop,tablet or similar electronic device.If you wish, you may print out the materials for your future reference.
• Easy on-line registration
• State of the art conference facility
• Excellent food choices–Lunch & breaks are included!
• Parking is convenient, safe and free
• OUTSTANDING NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES
• GREAT CPE VALUE
• A Discount for Early Registration: Register and pay on or before
Tuesday, January 15th and save 10%.
Seminar cost: $140 ($125 on or before January15, 2019) Last day for registration: January17, 2019 by 11:00 PM
Cancellation policy:Full refund (less10% administrative fee) if requested10 or more days prior to seminar (January15, 2019 or prior).
REGISTRATION LINK AT www.afitaz.org