The Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, Ohio Department of Education and PreventionFIRST! will be hosting a one day conference- Safe and Healthy Schools Summit/Supporting Youth Through Evidence-Based Practices.
The purpose of this conference is to provide school staff and behavioral health professionals the opportunity to learn about the successes of the Safe Schools/Heathly Students federal grant that Ohio has involved in for the past four years.
The objectives for this conference are:
1) Inform participants about system-based approaches for identifying behavioral health needs
2) Demonstrate use of multi-tier system approaches and evidence-based practices
3) Provide practices for sustaining school and community partnerships and behavioral health services.
This event is funded by SAMHSA grant #5U79SM061536-04
Registration deadline is Friday, May 26, 2017.
Same day registrations cannot be accommodated.
Continental breakfast and lunch are included.
RCHs (Registered Clock Hours), Social Work CEUs (Continuing Education Units) and CHES (Certified Health Education Specialist) hours are being applied for.
8:30 - 9:00 Registration
9:00 - 9:45 Welcome and Introduction
9:45 -11:00 Keynote Speaker: Dr. Holly Raffle w/ Q&A
11:00 -11:15 Break
11:15 -12:15 Workshops
12:15 - 1:15 Networking Lunch
1:15 - 1:30 Break
1:30 - 2:30 Workshops
2:30 - 2:45 Break
2:45 - 3:45 Workshops
3:45 - 4:00 Closing
Note: Events are subject to change.
- Angie Bergeford (Ohio Mental Health and Addiction Services) & Kimberly Nagel (Ohio Dept. of Education)
- Grace Kolliesuah, James Trevino (OhioMHAS), Dr. Jill Jackson (ODE)
- Dr. Holly Raffle (Ohio University) and OU, ODE and OhioMHAS leadership panel
- Dr. Valerie Alloy (Early Childhood), Rhonda Ramsey Molina (Collective Impact) Dr. Lara Belliston (OH Yes survey) and Dr. Michael Petrasek and Emily Jordan (Positive Behavioral Intervention & Supports-PBIS)
- Premiere of new SSHS video
- Successful grant outcomes by Greene Co., Williams Co., Harrison Hills, and Mary Haag, PreventionFIRST! (Substance Abuse Prevention in Schools)
- Ohio National Alliance Mental Illness (NAMI), Anya Senetra (PAX Good Behavior Game), Simone Crawley (Multiethnic Advocates for Cultural Competence), Jessica Collura (Youth-Led Programming), Kimberly Nagel (School Safety)
There is no penalty for cancellation before the cancellation deadline, May 26, 2017. Please contact Cathy Born at 513-751-8000 x10 or firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your registration. If it is necessary for the PreventionFIRST! to cancel a program, registration fees will be returned.
A registrant who cannot attend may avoid forfeiting the registration fee and paying a cancellation fee by providing a substitute from his or her organization to attend the workshop. To arrange for this member to attend, the original registrant should contact Administrative Assistant at PreventionFIRST! at 513-751-8000 or email@example.com and provide information for the substitute.