Families MUST meet one or more of the following criteria:
1. Applicant must be a minimum of 18 years old. Live in the State of Virginia and be able to pick up gifts on one of the dates specified at interview. (any gifts not picked up at specified time will be redistributed to another family) We do not provide transportation.
2. Qualifying Child/Children between the ages of 0-15; Children with Special Needs 0-21
3. Experiencing a financial crisis or hardship
4. Receive TANF and or Receive SNAP (previously known as food stamps).
Applications are evaluated on an individual basis -
We are unable to provide childcare during your application processing appointment, please arrange for someone to care for your children during your scheduled time.
Families MUST bring the following records with them to their appointment. Failure to bring the correct items to the appointment may result in the appointment being rescheduled. Applications will be accepted September 1 to November 30, no new application will be accepted.
1. Picture ID (proof of current address needed if not on ID) Expired ID will not be accepted.
2. Birth Certificates (to verify ages) for children applying for 0-15; Children with Special Needs 0-21
3. Proof of Household Income (one of the following)
- Most current month's paystub or
- Benefits award letter from Employment Commission or
- Benefit aware letter from Social Services or Section 8 Housing or
- Benefits award letter from Social Security or private insurance company
ThisAbility.org hopes to provide assistance for families meeting the qualifications and assistance is dependent on community support through toy and monetary donations.
Failure to bring the correct items to the appointment may result
in the appointment being rescheduled.