(20 Clinical CEUs) OR (12 Clinical CEUs, 5 Ethics & 3 Social/Cultural CEUs)
SPACE IS LIMITED! REGISTER EARLY!
This course is for those who have held their LCSW for at least 3 years and who wish to supervise New Jersey LSWs seeking their clinical hours.
To be held - Thursday, August 5, Friday August 6 and Friday August 13, 2021 from 9:00 am - 2:30 pm (Including breaks)
4 hours self-study prerequisite
1. Social work practice and supervision liability review (2 hours)
2. Agency ethics audit (2 hours)
Live instruction: Over three days. 9AM-2:30PM
Course information includes:
1. Recognize & identify the critical aspects of an interactional model of clinical supervision & be able to incorporate this model in clinical supervisor role.
2. Understand the relationship between clinical supervision & the treatment of a client/patient/consumer.
3. Become aware of the ethical principles concerning clinical supervision & be able to apply the principles to the clinical supervisor role.
4. Explore ethical challenges relevant to supervision and
develop guidelines for managing these challenges.
5. Supervisory skills and techniques will be highlighted throughout.
6. Learn & practice skills of clinical supervision methods that will facilitate a positive relationship & professional growth between the supervisor and clinician.
8. Develop strategies to become more socially & culturally responsive and embrace diversity in social work practice and supervision.
9. Review & Understand NJ licensure regulations for clinical supervision.
10. Develop an individual action plan for supervising social workers towards their LCSW credential.
Self-Study to be completed prior to class (4 hours). Information will be sent upon registration
Live Instruction via webinar:
Thursday August 5, Friday August 6 and Friday August 13, 2021 from 9:00 am - 2:30 pm (Including breaks)
Regular Rate - $450
Member Rate- $350 (Members save over 22%!)
For those licensed in NY: NASW New Jersey Chapter SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0138. This course does not necessarily meet supervision requirements in the state of New York.