2 Clinical CE credits
This presentation explores the trauma of incarceration and the need for anti-oppressive trauma-informed care to address physical and symbolic losses in the age of COVID-19. Both clinical and practical tools for intervention, advocacy, and the development of grief services will be provided.
As a result, of this workshop, participants will be able to:
1) Learn two components of continuing bonds theory (CBT) and ways to implement CBT is reentry settings.
2) Identify symbolic and physical losses that triggers mental health and acting out behaviors.
3) Learn factors that create challenges to grief work while in prison and in community corrections settings.
4) Discuss the impact of COVID-19 and Senate Bill 2519 on women in prison and reentry settings.
5) Discuss anti-oppressive practices and trauma-informed care in programmatic service delivery in prison and community correction settings.
Cost for this course:
Regular Price: $57
NASW Member Discounted Price: $37 (Members save over 35%!)
For those licensed in NY: NASW New Jersey Chapter SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0138.
REFUNDS: If you would like to request a refund, please review our refund policy and submit your request here.