The ability to communicate and influence others is an essential skill in today's business and public sector environment. This course will make you a more effective and confident communicator and presenter in one-to-one and group situations. Body language, use of gestures, will be reviewed and practiced. Effective power point techniques will be covered.
This course is run by Cross Cultural Management.
Who should attend?
- Senior Executives and managers who have primary responsibility for presenting their company in public settings
- Public relations managers & staff, sales managers & staff, trainers, and supervisors and managers who are finding that more and more often they are being asked to deliver presentations or pitches to both internal and external audiences.
- Managers and politicians in the public sector
· learn the theories that guide our understanding of communication and influence
· evaluate key strategies that will enable enhanced communication and influence
· develop through practice the skills necessary for good communication
· recognize the potential benefits of using communication to influence, persuade or inspire.
Day 1: Influencing skills
· Opening exercise: Push & Pull
· The pure styles of influencing
· Key elements of influencing
o Communication & Reasoning Skills
o Assertiveness Skills
o Interpersonal Skills
o Interaction skills
· Influencing by logic or influence by emotion
· Ending exercise: Getting a prize
Day 2: Communication skills
· Opening Exercise: How well do you communicate?
· Six basic principles of communication
· Focus on behavior, not personality
· Being specific
· Using the power of questions
· Listen actively
· Communicate assertively
· Understand non-verbal communication
Day 3: Putting it together
· Creating a persuasive presentation
o Use of evidence
o Use of logic
o Use of emotion
o Proofreading / testing
· Using body language, tone and powerpoint
· Final: Presentation
- Delegates will create a persuasive power-point presentation during the course of the seminar
- This course includes a certificate issued by Jasper alliance.