Join Photographers Oliver Du Tre and Marc Koegel for this unique workshop, offered for the first time in Whitehorse, Yukon (Canada).
This one-of-a-kind workshop will teach you how to make stunning black and white images in the Yukon using a minimalist mindset for composition and creative camera techniques such as long-exposures.
The Yukon landscapes are very unique and this workshop will have you out shooting at various locations. Capture rare images that only this landscape can deliver!
Images above: Copyright Oliver Du Tre Photography
Time will be shared between presentations of both instructors, tips and theoretics, and hands-on field experience with ample one-on-one time. Let us guide you in creating your own powerful and meaningful black & white Yukon landscapes.
During this workshop we will address topics such as:
- How do you previsualize 'good' black and white photographs while out with your camera in the field
- Effective, minimalist minded, photographic composition and image design
- 'Styles' of black and white and how you can use them to give your images more impact
- Black and White Conversions and post production technique and workflow
- Black and White analogue shooting techniques and tips and tricks (for those interesting or wanting to shoot film)
Oli and Marc are known for their in-depth feedback sessions of participants images, so feedback will of course be an important element of this workshop - you'll be working one-on-one with Oli and Marc in the field, and in the classroom we'll take ample time to provide everyone with in-depth reviews of their work.
Images above: Copyright Marc Koegel Photography
Together, Oliver and Marc will not only teach, but also inspire you as well!
This special Yukon Workshop will be held at the Coast High Country Inn Hotel. This hotel provides a great location and quick access for us to head out to our shooting locations. Participants can choose to stay at the hotel for the duration of the workshop, or simply come for the lecture/ presentation and image review portions.
Please note that the workshop fee does NOT include Hotel accomodation. If you are interested to stay at the Coast High Country Inn Hotel you have to book your own room please. Thank you.
Please note that it is not required for you to have your own (rental) car - the workshop does include transportation.
Participanting Photographers should have a good understanding of their camera settings and bring the following gear:
- Camera which allows manual control of shutter speed, aperture and ISO settings
- A sturdy tripod
- A cable (or wireless) shutter release
- Waterproof footwear
- Lots of warm clothing
- Extra batteries
- Digital and film cameras both welcome
We will be in touch a few weeks before the workshop and provide specific advice on getting prepared which includes suggestions specific to the camera equipment you plan on using.