Come enjoy unlimited samples of pulled pork and beef brisket BBQ from 8 of the area's top BBQ purveyors and vote for your favorite! Tickets are $40 for adults and $10 for kids. Adult tickets include two beer coupons as well. We are also welcoming amateur competitors so sign up today!
Amateur Team rules:
Amateur teams must register on site Saturday June 30 between 5:30 and 6:00PM. There will be a "captain's meeting" at 6:00PM for all amateur teams. After the captain's meeting, amateur teams will be assigned a cooking space and may begin their set-up and cooking. Amateurs may cook onsite and stay overnight at the Event Park.
- Entry fee for Amateur teams is $100 and includes entry tickets to the event for the team captain and one assistant.
- Teams will cook on site for a private panel of 12 judges. Teams are responsible for portion control and for cooking enough for all judges to have a sample of their BBQ.
- Categories will be chicken, pulled pork, and pork ribs. Teams may, but are not required to compete in all three categories. Compete in as many as you want.
- With a minimum of 8 amateur teams prizes will be as follows: 1st and 2nd place prizes awarded for each of the three categories. 1st place prize is $250 and a trophy, 2nd place is $100. In the unlikely event there are fewer than 8 amateur teams registered, cash prizes will be adjusted down at the discretion of the organizer with a minimum total prize purse of $500.
- Teams are responsible for supplying their own food.
- There are no rules for meat preparation. Meat will not be inspected by the judges prior to cooking. You may cook any cut of chicken and pork you want. Just do what you want and make it tasty!
- Judging will be done by amateur judges. Rough guidelines for scoring will be given to the judges. Food will be judged on appearance and taste, but especially taste. Make it taste good!
- Amateur teams will not be serving the public but must make every effort to keep raw meat cold prior to cooking and cooked food at a sufficient temperature while waiting to be served.
- Teams must bring all their own equipment, including prep tables, coolers, ice, utensils, etc.
- Teams are encouraged to bring their own water supply for cleaning, as water is limited on site.
- Teams are encouraged to bring their own power supply if needed. Generators are allowed.
- Teams will be asked to serve the judges starting at 12:30. Serving schedule to be determined by the day of the event.
- Rules subject to change at sole discretion of the event organizer.