Sponsored by: Backyard Abundance, Dr. Terry Wahls™,the Wahls Foundation, EPIC Functional Medicine and New Pioneer Food Co-op.
Keep your body functioning at its best and heal chronic conditions by creating enjoyable gardens that encourage you to go outside and grow your wellness.
Ready to heal your body while growing the food it craves?
How can you design a garden to maximize nutrition and enjoyment while minimizing labor and costs?
Wellness through the Wahls Protocol®: Come be inspired by internationally known speaker Dr. Terry Wahl™, knowledge on food & gardening as medicine.
The class will be opened by a 30-minute presentation by Dr. Terry Wahls™. Learn about Dr Wahls transformative journey from being in a wheel chair to riding a bicycle within a year by changing her lifestyle and incorporating more vegetables into her diet. She will share her passion and research on food as medicine and the power of growing your own food for healing.
During the rest of this information-packed class, you will learn:
- Which nutrient-dense Wahls Protocol® veggies and fruits are the easiest to grow in the Midwest
- Simple designs to grow more greens, colors and sulfurs as outlined in the Wahls Protocol®
- How to grow the veggies that will save you money at the store
- How to design small and medium-sized gardens that reduce weeding and watering chores
- How to maximize yields through simple plant arrangements and choosing the right varieties
- How to overcome accessibility and mobility challenges through elegant bed designs
You will come away with the knowledge, confidence and encouragement to lay out a garden this spring that will support an abundance of wellness throughout the growing season. Gardeners of all experience levels are invited. Whether you are a follower of the Wahls Protocol®, or not, come find out how to design your garden to maximize the nutritional benefit and yields of your space.
Optional: Bring pictures of your current or future garden space to share during the class.
Yummy snacks, inspirational garden layouts and informational handouts will be provided.
Taught by Fred Meyer and Jen Kardos, co-directors and happy gardeners at Backyard Abundance.
- Jen leverages her knowledge as a horticultural therapist and functional medicine health coach to help you understand the wellness benefits of gardening and the specific health properties of each plant.
- Fred’s years of garden design experience will help you answer questions about specific challenges and opportunities in your garden.
The product provided herein was NOT created by Dr. Terry Wahls, LLC but a third party. Reliance on any information provided by herein is to be used solely at your own risk. The diet associated with Dr. Terry Wahls, LLC has not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.