Sponsored by: Backyard Abundance, Dr. Terry Wahls™, The Wahls Foundation, EPIC Functional Medicine and New Pioneer Co-op
Ready to heal your body while growing the food it craves?
How can you easily establish a garden that maximizes nutrition and enjoyment while minimizing labor and costs?
This class builds upon the earlier Planning and Design class, but that class is not a prerequisite. Gardeners of all experience levels are invited.
During this fun, information-packed class, you will learn how to…
- Start a new garden bed with minimal effort (and without a tiller) based upon soil conditions
- Rejuvenate an existing bed
- Prepare a new raised bed or container for planting
- Choose the best method to establish nutrient-dense plants: by seed or by purchase plant
- Properly care for newly established seeds and plants through the growing season
- Effectively keep weeds and undesired bugs at bay
All topics will be learned through hands-on activities: we will establish and directly seed a wide variety of nutrient-dense plants in the raised beds at the Edible Classroom: green,sulfurs and colors, as per the Wahls Protocol®.
You will come away with the knowledge, confidence and encouragement to establish a garden this spring that will produce an abundance of wellness throughout the growing season.
Please wear standard gardening attire for hands-on, outdoor learning: hat, gloves, jeans.
Yummy snacks and informational handouts will be provided.
Wellness through the Wahls Protocol®
Keep your body functioning at its best and heal chronic conditions by creating enjoyable gardens that encourage you to go outside and grow your wellness. This class strongly supports vegetable-rich diets, specifically the Wahls Protocol® and other paleo diets. The Wahls Paleo™ Diet is trademarked by Dr. Terry Wahls™, a locally residing and internationally physician for her work on food as medicine.
Taught by Fred Meyer and Jen Kardos, co-directors and happy gardeners at Backyard Abundance.
- Jen leverages her knowledge as a horticultural therapist and functional medicine health coach to help you understand the wellness benefits of gardening and the specific health properties of each plant.
- Fred’s years of garden design experience will help you answer questions about specific challenges and opportunities in your garden.
The product provided herein was NOT created by Dr. Terry Wahls, LLC but a third party. Reliance on any information provided by herein is to be used solely at your own risk. The diet associated with Dr. Terry Wahls, LLC has not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.