2017 ART CHALLENGE:Call to Visual Artist(s)
Address: 12505 NW Cornell Road, #14 Portland, Oregon 97229
Gallery Phone: 503/644-8001
Hours: Monday thru Saturday: 10am – 4pm, Sunday: noon-4pm
Art Challenge show opens on May 1, 2017 at 10am and the last day of the show is June 3, 2017 with doors closing at 4pm. Reception: May 14, 2017 12pm to 4pm. Each piece of wall art will be for sale for $40 with $30 going to the artist. This is a cash and carry event where the art comes off the wall immediately and goes home with the buyer.
HISTORY: This is our 8thth year of production of this art event. This annual show brings in over 1,000 patrons throughout the month of May. The funds raised in 2017 will be used for general gallery expenses, like power and heating. For over 50 years, this gallery is run on 100% volunteer power.
· Our major fundraiser for the Village Gallery of Arts in Northwest Portland, Oregon.
· This is a NON-juried show. All ages welcome. The goal of the Village Gallery of Arts is to sell as many of your canvases as possible.
RULES & HOW IT WORKS:
1. All artwork must be original and produced only by the registered artist – no collaborations.
2. Every canvas will be sold for $40. (no more random prices! The average selling price for an art challenge canvas has been $38).
3. All artwork must of your first/last name on the back.
4. No hanging devices allowed.
5. Canvas sides must be finished. No white canvas edges please.
6. Keep your canvas free of nudity and foul language. We are a family friendly establishment.
7. Canvases with hang in rows on a professional hanging system.
8. Canvases will NOT be grouped by artist but by thoughtful placement of our volunteer gallery curators.
9. This is a cash and carry purchase event, where the buyer takes home the canvas(es) the moment it is purchased. The volunteer curators will maximize the wall space with as many pieces as possible. If VGA can’t fit all the art work on the walls for the first day of opening, we will put up any unseen artwork the moment a piece gets sold.
10. VGA board of directors has purposely and thoughtfully changed the hanging and structure of this event to generate more interest in art purchases.
11. The gallery cannot guarantee the sale of your art.
Entry fee: $8 per canvas, with a minimum of one canvas and a maximum of 5 canvases per artist. Canvas size is 6"x6"x1.5", primed and ready to paint.
The gallery has 500 canvases available on a first come and first served basis.
Selling price: $40 with $30 going back to the artist and $10 to the gallery when canvas sells.
How to register: http://events.eventzilla.net/e/village-gallery-of-arts-art-challenge-registration-2138894898
Event Coordinator: Shelley Lebel: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Canvas pick up starts at 7am on February 4, 2017.
2. Drop off completed canvases by April 29, 2017
3. Show is the month of May 2017.