If you’re planning to attend the Society of Toxicology conference in Baltimore this March, please join the Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing CAAT, The Human Toxicology Project Consortium HTPC, and The Human Toxome Project Consortium for our annual satellite meeting on 21st century toxicology activities and related efforts. The satellite meeting provides an informal setting in which interested stakeholders can update each other on these important topics.
The meeting will feature a number of invited presentations but also leave time for an “open microphone” segment in which participants are welcome to give brief presentations on germane topics, with or without a few slides.
The draft program is as follows:
12:30 Box lunch (for pre-registered participants) and welcome, Thomas Hartung (Johns Hopkins University)
13:00 Invited speakers (10 minute presentations each followed by 5 mins. of discussion)
- ToxCast Update - Russell Thomas (US Environmental Protection Agency)
- EDSP21 Update - Stanley Barone (US Environmental Protection Agency)
- Tox21 Update - Richard Paules (US National Toxicology Program)
- TT21C update – Rebecca Clewell (ScitoVision)
- NICEATM Update - Nicole Kleinstreuer (NICEATM)
- EU Tox-Risk Update - Robert van de Water (University of Leiden)
- Evidence-based Toxicology Update – Katya Tsaioun (EBTC Johns Hopkins)
- CAAT’s Read-across Initiative and Human Toxome-related Activity Update - Thomas Hartung (Johns Hopkins)
- Human Toxicology Project Consortium Update - Catherine Willett (HTPC)
- NAS Report on Using 21st Century Science to Improve Risk-Related Evaluations - George Daston (Procter & Gamble)
15:15 Open microphone for additional presentations and discussion
If you have questions, please email Jamie DeRita-Rodriguez.