For the Dentist, Hygienist and any interested Auxiliary
Dr. James Lichon is a dentist, pharmacist, and nationally certified in cholesterol management. His seminar has been positively received at dental/dental hygiene society meetings across the country. In addition to helping the dental team help their patients, his program also includes educating the attendees on how to work with less stress and live healthier with proper nutrition and fitness, optimizing their own personal health. He blends his own personal experience (open heart surgery) with cutting edge research to carry maximum relevance for the attendees.
In spite of impressive technologic advances in the field of medicine, heart disease remains the leading cause of death in the United States. In our dental offices we are seeing more and more patients with heart disease. Greater than 1 in 3 of our adult patients have one or more types of heart disease and it is the most common medical condition that dental professionals confront. Through a concise and understandable review of cardiovascular disease, your immune system and more, you can make immediate powerful and practical practice changes that will improve your life and the life of your patient.
Participants will learn:
· Review of coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease and stroke.
· Treating patients who have stents or have had open heart surgery
· Understanding sudden cardiac death in children and adults
· Understanding the hearts of women: Heart disease is the leading killer of women of all ages
· Understanding the immune/inflammatory system and it’s connection to periodontal disease, Sjogren’s syndrome, lichen planus, hypothyroidism, Celiac disease and how they manifest themselves orally
· What are the facts about cholesterol and the medications we take to lower cholesterol?
· Prescribing the preferred antibiotics and pain medications. What are the contraindications and side effects as related to dentistry.
· Understanding the new findings on aspirin, ibuprofen, and Tylenol as related to dentistry
· Tips to prevent dental malpractice
· The confusing world of supplements
· Multiple vitamins, calcium and osteoporosis, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D as related to dentistry
· The effects of nutrition and physical activity on cardiovascular disease and cancer
· Work with less stress and live healthier with proper nutrition and fitness, optimizing your own personal health
· This course covers one-hour pain management requirement
Course Earns 7 m.c.e.
ADA CERP Provider