London & Paris Travel Photography Workshop
Photograph London & Paris
April 20-28, 2019
Discover the art of travel photography in two of Europe's magical cities led by professional photographer Jason P. Odell.
We'll arrive in London and spend four days photographing some of London's most iconic sights and landmarks, with an emphasis on night and twilight photography. From there, we'll take the train (first class tickets included) to Paris, the city of light. There, we'll spend the next four days and nights photographing the magical Parisian streets and landmarks by day and night.
Creative Photography by Day and Night in Two Amazing Cities
Our itinerary will remain flexible to allow us to maximize our photography time in each city. Each day, we'll have two "neighborhood" photo walks where we'll be able to photograph iconic landmarks as well as many lesser-known spots. Our daytime photo walk will emphasize creative techniques such as long exposures, monochrome, and subject isolation. You'll be free mid-day to explore the city on your own, take in a museum, or hang out in a pub or coffee shop. Our evening photo walks will again take us to popular photo spots, but we'll then set up for twilight shooting with tripods. This is where you'll be able to capture unique "blue hour" images with streaking lights from passing vehicles and explore your creativity as night approaches and the city illuminates.
Locations include but not limited to:
- Trafalgar Square by night
- Tower Bridge/The Shard/London Eye by night
- Millenium Bridge/St. Pauls Cathedral by night
- Westminster Abbey
- Buckingham Palace
- Hyde Park
- Natural History Museum
- Notre Dame by night
- Louvre by night
- Eiffel Tower by night
- Arch de Triumph
- Tuileries Garden
- Bridges along the Seine
- Montmartre/Sacré Coer
Small Group & Independent Exploration
This tour is special. It’s limited to 10 photographers (minimum 6). You'll get maximum instruction time and won't be competing with a large group to get the shots that you want. Plus, our small group size allows us to be flexible with our itinerary. You will have time to explore and photograph each city on your own in addition to the planned photo sessions.
Hands-on mentoring with Jason Odell
- Composition and exposure
- Long exposures & time-lapse
- Mobile workflow & image processing using Lightroom CC for iPad/Tablets
- HDR capture
- Night & twilight photography
- Saturday, April 20: Arrive in London and transfer to the group hotel via Underground or taxi
- Sunday-Tuesday, April 21-23: Morning and evening photo walks to explore London. Free exploration time mid-day.
- Wednesday, April 24th: Transfer to Paris via train and then transfer to group hotel in Paris. Evening photo walk near the Eiffel Tower.
- Thursday-Saturday, April 25-27th: Morning and evening photo walks to explore Paris. Free exploration time mid-day.
- Sunday, April 28th: Airport transfer from group hotel and fly home.
- 4 nights lodging in London (Paddington Hilton; breakfast included)
- £50 Oyster Card for transportation in London
- First class ticket by train to Paris from London
- 4 nights lodging in Paris (Hyatt Regency Etoile; breakfast included)
- 3-day Metro Pass in Paris
- Hotel transfers to airport and train station
- Hands-on field instruction with Jason Odell
- Image review and critique sessions with Jason
- Private online mentoring session with Jason when you return from the trip
- Airfare to London & return from Paris
- Transfer to Paddington Hilton in London (Paddington Station)
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Meals (other than breakfast)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gratuities (discretionary)
Pricing and Reservations (US Dollars)
$4399.00* per person (double-occupancy) when you book by July 31, 2018 (save $300).
Single supplement: $1438
Deposits are non-refundable after October 20, 2018 unless you purchase trip insurance
Final payment is due December 15, 2018. Payments are non-refundable after January 20, 2019 unless you purchase travel insurance.
Book Online Here
Or: Call my international travel specialist, Pat Hand, at Dancing Moon Travel: +1 (404) 913-4386
Want to extend your stay? Ask my travel specialist to arrange for early arrivals or extended departures!