Become a Certified Authority on Workers’ Compensation
Accident Fund Insurance Company of America and Olivet College have partnered to offer insurance agents and producers a new designation in workers’ compensation: The Certified Authority on Workers’ Compensation (CAWC).
The CAWC program starts at 8:00 a.m. each day and finishes at approximately 5:15 p.m. on the first two days and on the last day it will only go until 2:30 p.m. Lunch will be provided all three days.
The CAWC program provides a robust, thought-provoking curriculum with practical exercises and real-time information with scheduling flexibility for busy agents. The 20-hour program consists of live classes and interactive webinars, including:
- Workers’ Compensation Fundamentals
- Experience Modification Factors
- Alternative Work Comp Programs
- Loss Control
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA)
- Classification and Rating of Work Comp
- Certified Authority on Workers’ Compensation designation
- Up to 14 hours of continuing education credits in the state of Kansas and Missouri.
- Three hours of ethics credits
A proctored exam will be administered each day of the CAWC program. All exams require a score of 75% or higher to pass the course.
Certification and Recertification
The CAWC Certification is granted to participants who have passed all exams with a minimum score of 75%. Initial certification is valid for two years.
Continuing education is required to keep the CAWC designation. Over a two-year period, the CAWC recipient must complete six hours of ethics classes and four, one-hour classes of their choice, for a total of 10 credit hours every two years.
We provide a quality educational experience with the following affordable pricing options:
- $1089 – Non-Accident Fund Agents
- $889 – Accident Fund Agents or Olivet graduates
- $200 – Recertification (required every two years)
Option #1 – CAWC program, three-night hotel stay and breakfast:
- Accident Fund Agent or Olivet College graduate – $1,385
- Non-Accident Fund Agent – $1,605
Option #2 – CAWC program, two-night hotel stay and breakfast:
- Accident Fund Agent or Olivet College graduate – $1,249
- Non-Accident Fund Agent – $1,469
Option #3 – CAWC program, one-night hotel stay and breakfast:
- Accident Fund Agent or Olivet College graduate – $1,114
- Non-Accident Fund Agent – $1,334
All payments must be received 10 days prior to the start of class. If not, the student will be dropped from the program.
If the student cancels prior to 4 days, a full refund will be given. If the student cancels in less than 4 days, a $250.00 cancellation fee will be charged to the student.
For more information about this program, or to register, contact Chris Beasley at Chris.Beasley@AccidentFund.com.