OpenTox Association Membership
The purpose of the Association is to promote the community-based exchange and use of open knowledge, software, methods, tools, data, reference resources, and standards in the scientific activities of predictive toxicology, safety assessment and risk management, including the “3Rs” goal of the Reduction, Refinement and Replacement of Animal Testing.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in promoting or using the work of OpenTox. The association provides several benefits:
1. The association publishes and promotes (via website, scientific meetings, etc.) the accomplishments of the OpenTox project for the benefit of institutions, companies and individuals with an interest in toxicology who may be able to build on the work of OpenTox.
2. The association provides guidance and assistance to institutions, companies and individuals with an interest in using or building on the work of OpenTox.
3. The association publishes and promotes the expertise of the partners involved in the OpenTox project, potentially opening up new opportunities for the partners, individually and jointly.
4. The association provides an authoritative forum to discuss and resolve issues (technical and legal) relating to current and future work (academic and commercial) based on OpenTox.
5. The existence of an OpenTox association provides more credibility and backing to partners pursuing future opportunities in the emerging field of 21st century toxicology.
6. The association meetings provide a forum for members to keep up-to-date and to explore new opportunities as they arise
Membership is for one year. Fees are used to support the non-profit activities of the association.