Become a Certified Authority on Workers’ Compensation!
AF Group, with the support of Olivet College, has partnered to offer insurance professionals a unique designation focused on the core components of workers’ compensation: The Certified Authority on Workers’ Compensation (CAWC).
The CAWC program provides a robust, thought-provoking curriculum, practical exercises and market information specific to workers’ compensation. Our instructors apply adult learning principles to their methods of instruction, in-turn offering a different approach to insurance education. The 19-hour program consists of eight classes, including:
· Day 1:
o Workers’ Compensation Fundamentals
o Experience Rating & Modification
· Day 2:
o Loss Control
o Alternative Workers’ Compensation Programs
· Day 3:
o United States Longshore & Harbor Workers (USL&H) Act
o Classification Basics
o Final Examination
· Industry-recognized CAWC designation
· Up to 16 hours of continuing education credits filed in the state of Georgia
Up to 17 hours of continuing education credits filed in the state of Tennessee
· Up to 14 hours of continuing education credits filed in the state of South Carolina
· Specialized learning experience, provided by an industry-leading workers’ compensation provider, AF Group
· Networking opportunity for insurance professionals
The CAWC program starts at 8:00 a.m. each day and finishes at approximately 4:30 p.m. on the first two days. The last day will conclude at 2:00 p.m. Lunch will be provided on all three days.
A proctored final exam will be administered at the conclusion of the third day. The exam requires a score of 70% or higher to pass the course.
Certification & Recertification