Note: This 2018 Workshop has just been listed - Take advantedge of the Early Bird Discount!
Join Photographers Oliver Du Tre and Marc Koegel for this unique workshop, touring the Canadian Prairies.
This one-of-a-kind workshop will teach you how to make stunning black and white images across the Canadian Province of Alberta using a minimalist mindset for composition and creative camera techniques such as long-exposures to help capture deramatic clouds and weather.
Alberta is a photographer's dream come true and this workshop will have you out shooting at various locations, from abandoned homesteads, historic grain elevators, isolated trees, to endless fields and farmlands and more!
Capture rare images that only this Prairie landscape can deliver!
Images above: Copyright Oliver Du Tre Photography
We will prioritize our time for practicing photography in the field, but both instructors have also prepared presentations. What is more, Oli and Marc are very well known for their in-depth feedback sessions of participants images, so feedback will of course be an important element of this workshop.
While photographing, participants will benefit from ample one-on-one time with both Oli and Marc. Let them guide you in creating your own powerful and meaningful photographs of the Canadian Prairies!
Images above: Copyright Marc Koegel Photography
Olivier brings a wealth of knowledge of the local area, and his photographic style and techniques complement Marc's perfectly.
Together, Olivier and Marc will not only teach, but also inspire you as well!
For this special workshop will meet on August 26, 2018 at 6pm in the lobby of the Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport. We will get to know everyone over a first dinner that evening. The next morning we're off on our adventure!
We will have everyone back at the Acclaim Hotel the following Friday, August 31, by 5pm to end our workshop. Participants can choose to depart that evening or stay another night (if the latter please book your room for that last night, August 31 to September 1st).
What's included in this Workshop:
- 5 days/ 6 nights photo tour
- 6 night single room hotel accomodations (*** or better hotels)
- Travel in comfortable Van's / SUV's with lots of room for your luggage
- Small group tour with max of only 8 partcipants and 2 instrictors - lots of personal instruction and guidance
- Breakfast each day
- All Photography instruction in the field, in-depth image reviews
What's NOT included in this Workshop:
- Flight to and from Calgary (you can take the free shuttle to the Acclaim Hotel when you arrive)
- Meals other than included breakfasts
- Travel insurance (this is highly recommended) and personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned above as included
- A minimum of 4 and a maximum of only 8 (!!) participants
Physical Level: 2 / 5
- For this tour, our vehicles will be able to get very close to the great majority of our shooting locations. Hikes will range from 5 to a maximum of 15 minutes.
Tour Fee and Deposit:
To book your seat in this workshop, we require a (non-refundable) deposit of $750, with the balance payment due by June 1st, 2018. You can choose to pay in full when registering (so no need to leave a deposit) and this would entitle you a $100 discount off regular tuition. You can choose your preferred payment option during online registration.
Meeting Time and Location:
The workshop group will meet at the Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport at 6pm on Sunday, May 28, 2018. We will return to the same hotel by 5pm on Friday, June 1st 2018. Please note that if youy'd like to stay at the Acclaim Hotel on June 1st, that night is not included in your workshop fee.
We will be in touch a few weeks before the workshop and provide specific advice on getting prepared which includes suggestions specific to the camera equipment you plan on using.
Please note that Oli and Marc also teach a similar workshop: Abandoned Saskatchewan