Photograph the Best of Scotland
Small-group photo experience and travel photography workshop with Jason P. Odell
Dates: Sept. 8-17, 2019
Maximum group size: 10
Arrival Airport: Edinburgh (EDI)
Join me to explore the best of Scotland with a unique small-group photo tour including private transportation and 4-star accommodations. As your tour leader, I'll be providing you with creative inspiration and technical instruction to make your photographs stand out.
My philosophy is to explore each town with our cameras and be able to shoot (weather permitting) in the evening hours for exceptional twilight/night (blue hour) photos. Each day, we will visit areas with the intent of having 1-2 hours of exploration time at each stop. This will not be a “see everything with snapshots” tour). Lunches and dinners are at your own discretion to provide us with maximum flexibility. I mean, who wants to be eating for three hours when the light is perfect?
Our exact itinerary is very flexible, with input from the group participants. My intent is to maximize our photography time instead of "checking off boxes" from a list.
- Day 1 Sunday, Sept. 8th: Arrive in Edinburgh and transfer to our group hotel in Stirling. We'll have a brief orientation session and then have the rest of the day free to explore at our own pace. Below the very impressive Stirling Castle, Old Town Stirling is protected by the 16th century walls built to keep Mary, Queen of Scots, safe from Henry VIII. And, it was here, that the infant James VI was crowned in 1567. This area was also the home of Rob Roy, whose exploits still echo through the Highlands.
- Day 2: Pitlochry
We will spend the next two nights in Pitlochry, where we will explore the surrounding countryside, including St. Andrews Castle & Cathedral, and Dundee. Group hotel: Atholl Palace Hotel - Pitlochry (4-star)
- Day 3: Explore Aberfeldy, Blair Castle, Kinloch Rannoch
- Day 4: Inverness
En route to Inverness, we'll explore Cainrgorms National Park and Balmoral Castle before ending the day at our group hotel. Kingsmills Hotel (4-star)
- Day 5: Inverness
Explore Cawdor Castle, Culloden Battlefield, and The Black Isle
- Day 6: Isle of Skye
We'll head out to our next overnight location, the Isle of Skye. En route, we'll see Fort Augustus, Loch Ness, and Eilan Donan Castle (pictured above). We'll end our day at the group hotel on the Isle of Skye. Hotel: Cuillin Hills Hotel (4-star)
- Day 7: Isle of Skye
Our locations include the Talkisker Distillery, Dunvegan Castle, adn the Trotternish Peninsula. Overnight at our group hotel in Skye.
- Day 8: Aberfoyle
En route to Aberfoyle, we'll visit Glenfinnan Village, Glencoe, and the Glen Nevis area and Ben Nevis Distillery. We'll end in Aberfoyle. Group hotel: Mac Donald Forest Hills Hotel (4-star)
- Day 9: Loch Lomond region. We'll explore Loch Lomond National Park, Doune Castle, and see Rob Roy's grave.
- Tuesday, Sept. 17th: Shuttle to Glasgow airport to return home (or beyond)
Photo Tour Price (per person)
$6499 (double occupancy)
$7599 (single occupancy)
Tour Price Includes
- Airport transfers to/from group hotel from Edinburgh airport
- Private coach and driver with flexible itinerary
- 4-star accommodations with breakfasts
- Transfer to Glasgow airport for returning home
- Lunches and Dinners
- Passport/Visa Fees (if applicable)
How to Book
$1500 deposit per traveler when you book by July 31, 2018.
$3000 deposit per traveler after July 31st.
RESERVE YOUR SEAT HERE VIA DANCING MOON TRAVEL
Deposits are 50% refundable before Dec. 31, 2018.
Final Payment is due on March 1, 2019.
We strongly recommend travel insurance for this tour.