Ali ibn Abi Talib (a.s) has said:
“You presume you are a small entity, but within you is the entire universe.”
At the heart of our existence burns the questions: Why am I here? What’s my purpose in life? The Islamic Unity Society (IUS) and Lebanese Youth Foundation (LYF) invites you to a series of 4 workshops that will tackle these core questions and prepare you for the Month of Ramadhan 2017 and beyond.
1. Know Yourself To Know Your Lord – 19 Feb, Gulamabbas Lakha
2. Practising Mindfulness During Prayer – 19 Mar, Dr Ali Al-Hilli
3. Returning to the Essence – 23 Apr, Hassan Joudi
4. Ramadhan: Shaping Your Destiny – 21 May, Dr Amina Inloes
Lunch is included. All are welcome.
For further information contact email@example.com or 07597 282 729
Details for Each Workshop:
Workshop 1: Know Yourself To Know Your Lord – 19 Feb, Gulamabbas Lakha
Facilitator: Gulamabbas Lakha
Practical tips for increasing our taqwa (consciousness) of God for work, life and spirit
- What does it mean to have Values, Ethics, Morals
- How does it help us know God
- Practical tips to increasing in our morals and ma’rifa
(98 days to go to Month of Ramadhan)
Workshop 2: Practising Mindfulness During Prayer – 19 Mar, Dr Ali Al-Hilli
Facilitator: Dr Ali Al-Hilli
Unlocking the secrets of prayer
- Why is concentration in prayer so difficult?
- Achieving focus in your 5-a-day
- Practical tips for before, during and after prayer
(70 days to go to Month of Ramadhan)
Workshop 3: Returning to the Essence – 23 Apr, Hassan Joudi
Facilitator: Hassan Joudi
Remembering death – the key to unlocking our immense potential
- Death as returning rather than the end
- The most powerful way to start your morning
- Practical tools to increase our Taqwa (God consciousness) in everyday life
(35 days to go to Month of Ramadhan)
Workshop 4: Ramadhan: Shaping Your Destiny – 21 May, Dr Amina Inloes
Facilitator: Dr Amina Inloes
Planning for success in your next Month of Ramadhan
- Ramadhan - Failing to plan your 30 days is planning to fail!
- Practical methods for planning your 30 days
- Balancing your Energy, Focus and Time whilst fasting
(7 days to go to Month of Ramadhan)
Month of Ramadhan begins on 27 May 2017 (subject to moon sightings)!