ASPROMONTE ASIAN FENCING CAMP 2018 - JAPAN
7-11 August 2018
Meet with Italian Olympic Gold Medalist with Japanese Fencers from 5 Fencing Clubs in Tokyo!
Fencers across the globe is now having a chance to meet with your idol, Valerio Aspromonte, the Italian Olympic Gold Medalist in London 2012, while joining the Camp in 5 different fencing clubs in Tokyo, and also watch the tournament Valerio participates.
The 2nd time visit and play fencing with Japanese fencers, enjoy your fully inspired 5-day in Tokyo. You will experience what you might ever tried in your fencing years!
To get the best out of this camp, we also invite Natalia Ardentova from the Russia National Foil Team and famous Japanese fencerKenta Chida to join us this year! Yes, you are experiencing TOP Italian, Russian and Japanese fencing in ONE EVENT!
With the 4 sessions everyday from early morning to evening, you can experience Japanese fencers from 5+ different fencing clubs, including famous Garden, Suginami and Tutti Fencing Clubs, along with other international fencers.
You will be gaining skill exchange, understanding Japanese training culture, making new friends with the best Japanese clubs. Aspromonte and other coaches will show you and discuss with you how to make it all the way to the world rank. The whole trip will be full of fun and inspirative to fencers of all age.
Pre-Register NOW for FREE with STEPIO before it is full house!
Duration : 5-Day total; 07-10 August Camp; 11 August Competition.
Venue : Indoor; Sub Arena, Genki Creation Plaza, Mitaka Central Park, Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan. For details : https://www.mitakagenki-plaza.jp
Purpose : Experience and Skill Sharing & Preparation for Competitons in Fall 2018.
Feature : Cross-Border Group Practice and Experience Sharing Sessions
Program (daily program to-be-confirmed)
- Indoor Training : Warm-up, Group drill, Group fencing, Individual fencing with Aspromonte, Ardentova and Chida
- Outdoor Training : Group drill; location to be confirmed
- Private Lesson : 30-minute; between sessions and during session 4; Available upon prior arrangement
- Beginners' Lesson : Small group and individual beginners' lessons to be conducted by Tutti and Garden coaches on the venue.
Session : 4 nos. per day, 2.5 hours per session;
- Session 1 0900-1130- Mainly younger fencers
- Session 2 1230-1500 - More experienced fencers >10 years old
- Session 3 1600-1830 - More experienced fencers >10 years old
- Session 4 1830-2100 - Free Crossover = local vs. international fencers; working adults; private lesson; trial sessions for FC promotions
- Session 1 : Coached by Ardentova
- Session 2 & 3 : Coached by Aspromonte; occasionally co-coached by Chida
- Session 4 : Volunteer coaches only
Coach In-Charge : Valerio Aspromonte, the reputable Italian champion foil fencer and gold medalist of London 2012 Olympics.
Visiting Coach : Natalia Ardentova, Russia National Foil Team.
Special Guest : Kenta Chida (2-3 days).
Local Coach : Local coaches from Tutti, Garden and Suginami clubs in Tokyo. Coaches from other clubs to be confirmed.
Staff & Volunteer : care-taking (volunteer parents), coaching (volunteer fencers), translation (Tokyo Foreign University students), referee (fencers & club coaches) by agroup of trainers, tutors and support coaches.
- Date : 11 August 2018 (One-day)
- Class : Team & Individual
- Weapon : Foil only
- Group : By age, not gender
- Schedule & Format : FIE approved competition schedule; details TBC
- Weapon : Foil (optional Epee and Saber).
- Gender : Male and female.
- Age Limit : Age of 6 or above.
- Group : Athletes will be divided based on age and technical abilities.
- Maximum No. of Fencers : 100 (70% from Japan)
- Nationality : 70% Japanese, 5% Italian; 25% Other countries
Camp Fee :
- One Morning Session per day (for 5-10 years old fencers only) - EUR60 or ¥8,000; EUR250 or ¥32,000 for 4 days.
- 2 nos. Afternoon Sessions per day - EUR120 or ¥16,000; EUR500 or ¥64,000 for 4 days.
- All 3 Sessions per day - EUR150 or ¥20,000; EUR700 or ¥90,000 for 4 days.
- EUR70 or ¥10,000 per 30-minute lesson, with your selected Coach;
- reserve with STEPIO earlier once completing pre-registration;
- subject to in-advance booking and availability.
- EUR25 or ¥3,000 for camper
- EUR40 or ¥5,000 for non-camper
- for each participant per category (individual or group or age)
Deadline of Accepting Fencers : 30 June 2018
Registration Confirmation : All Japanese fencers to extend the final list of applicants to Suginami FC on or before 30 June; International fencers to extend your registration to STEPIO on or before 30 June 2018.
- Not included;
- Bed-and-Breakfast or hotel can be arranged for foreign fencers and local fencers from remoted areas;
- Mitaka City Hotel, nearest hotel, rates to be confirmed (with and without breakfast).
- Not included; self-arranged;
- Lunch : JPY500 per box;
- Gala Dinner : Not included; JPY2,000 per fencer for 11 August evening.
Airfare, Local Transport & Other Expenses
- Not included;
- expenses related to airfare, dining-out, private gathering among athletes, local transports and suveniors are NOT included.
Souvenirs & Prizes
- All fencers will be offered camp specific souvenirs and prizes from the competition;
- Don't forget you can always get special gifts from coaches they brought from their countries if you perform well in camp!
- Public indemnity insurance is managed for the event;
- foreign fencers to manage their own insurances.
Accompanied STEPIO Coach : STEPIO arranges accompanied coach with the athletes who register with STEPIO from Hong Kong, Macao, Korea, Singapore, Taipei, Taichung and Moscow. It is USD60 per day EXTRA to the Camp Fee.