Welcome to the 2017 Kansas Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association Conference and Annual Meeting
This year's conference will again be held at the Airport DoubleTree by Hilton in Wichita.
The conference will begin on Saturday, April 1st and conclude on Tuesday, April 4th.
Six different LTI course offerings will be provided on Sunday morning and Sunday afternoon. Click on the conference link below for a listing of class schedules and descriptions.
Keynote Speakers Include:
- Curt Brungardt - Executive Director of the Center for Civic Leadership at Fort Hays State University. He is the founder of the "Coach Boys INTO MEN" program and will provide a presentation how such programs can provide leadership opportunities within your programs
- Rob Miller - Proactive Coaching. Rob is one of those speakers that you can never hear too many times. His message is alway relevent, fresh, and applicable. He will be speaking to developing character based team cultures.
- Morgan Burns - Standout Defensive Back at Kansas State University. Morgan will be providing the FCA presentation. Morgan retired from his professional football opportunity to pursue a career in the ministry.
- Jason Parr- Maize South Cross County Coach - Jason was the assistant coach at Maize South when the tragic death of the head coach took place. Jason will be sharing his testimony about how to deal with tragedy.
Additional Conference Events Include:
Reports from the KSHSAA Executive Directors will to keep us apprised of current rule changes.
Annual classification forum on Sunday evening; your opportunity to provide input regard KSHSAA rules and policies.
Sixity athletic manufacturers/companies on hand Monday to show their offerings to athletic programs.
Workshop Training Sessions
For a complete AGENDA and CONFERENCE PACKET, CLICK HERE.
IMPORTANT HOTEL INFORMATION:
- Room Reservations can be made by contacting the Wichita Airport DoubleTree by HIlton.
- Telephone is 800-247-4458, or locally 316-945-5272A block of rooms for the KIAAA has been created for April 1-April 5
- The special KIAAA room rate will be available until March 18th or until the rooms run out, whichever comes first.
- Make your rooms reservations as early as possible.
- The KIAAA rate $108 + tax.